Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    737 - Ventura Bus

ITR cluster into Vtir

Hey guys, i put a itr cluster into my vtir...

Now my speedo reads wrong, i am assuming that this is because of the different gear ratios in an ITR as compared to a Vtir.

Anyone know how much it would be worth fixing, and how much i am looking at, is it a possible DIY?

should i just sell the cluster instead.

cheers

matt
    If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.

Member Array
    Car:
    going merry
    this post isnt gonna help you but yea...i've always thought it was a straight swap and the only thing that might change was the rev meter thing.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    It shouldn't read wrong, it's basically a straight swap. The cluser shouldn't, and doesnt know about any gear ratio's.
    #

Member Array
    Car:
    737 - Ventura Bus
    any idea about why it might be 20kms off?....anyone else find this a prob with their dc2?

anyone around with an R, willing to chuck my itr cluster in for a sec to see if anything is up with it?

if so, ill return it to the seller.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    If it's constantly 20KM off, the speedo is wrong. Remember, with gear ratio's etc, the car will always be a percentage wrong. Think putting 195/55/20 Tyres on a 192/55/15 car - the car will be 25% wrong. So at 100KM being displayed, your ground speed will be 125KM/gr. At 200 displayed ground speed will be 250. At 50 you'll be doing 62.5KM/hr. It will never be "just" +20KM/hr.

Hope that makes sense.
    #

i put a dc2r cluster into my car and it is perfectly fine. what year model is your dc2?
    And so it begins...

Member Array
    Car:
    737 - Ventura Bus
    first up thanks for the help guys...

i have a 99 vtir...the back of my cluster looks a fair bit different to the back of the dc2r cluster, which i thought is kinda weird...maybe the previous owner had a fiddle with the back my cluster before i bought it? i had a look at the wiring behind the cluster, looks as though some wires have been crimped??....i dont know...

can anyone post up a pic of the back of a dc2r cluster, back of a 99/98 vtir and a pre facelift vtir. Also the wiring behind their cluster. That would be awesome.

Thanks guys

matt

swap the green plastic printed circuit from the back of your vti-r cluster to the itr cluster. i had to do this to get my instruments to work correctly...
    And so it begins...

Member Array
    Car:
    737 - Ventura Bus
    ok thanks..l ill give it a try now.

Member Array
    Car:
    93 B16A DA9 Integra
    just a quick thought... mayb ur original cluster may have been wrong?
    i had a similar problem when i bought my LS last week
    my speed wasnt where it should b in regards to the equivilant revs/gear, so i got my mate to bring his sat nav, which displays speed, and it turned out that i was 12km over, when doing 80 (at sat nav). i believe it may b due to the tires the bloke had fitted, so im taking it to a guy in bundoora who my dad had recomended just 2 c if its the tires, or the actual cluster.

Member Array
    Car:
    737 - Ventura Bus
    swapped it over, at least my fuel gauge is working now, but the speedo is still off. I know my old cluster was right was i go past those speed check things on the freeway and stuff...

when the car is off the speedo needle sits on the pin...
    when the car is on, after the speedo needle has moved it sits above this pin, ie about 10kp/h....and starts from there.

I am assuming this is the problem, any idea how to recalibrate it?

hmmm, not sure then mate... mine worked straight out.
    g/l with it

try getting ECU-MAN to help you out, he's pretty clued up on this stuff...
    And so it begins...