Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    93 B16A DA9 Integra

can power steering fluid smoke up?

so my steering has been feeling a lil heavy since i got the car... then it dawned on me last nite that i should check my power steering levels. it was below the 2nd marker, so i filled er up to just above max, and left my car overnite.
    this morning on my way home from church (ide done aboue 50kms since filling), my sister notices smoke bout a km from home.
    i get the car home drivin very carefully, and open up the bonnet, and theres heaps of smoke comming from under the water reserviour, but a bit towards the left.. kinda where all the belts n shit are. so i check my power steerin fluid, but it hadnt dropped, and the smoke hadnt stopped for a good 10 mins after i i turned off the car.
    i got no idea wat it could b.
    any theories?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R AB02
    you may have drop some down the pipe and when the engine heat up...there's why smoke come out......try to drive it another day and see whether it stop or not...it should be ok I reckon....
    Mugen Whore #2

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by air23box
    you may have drop some down the pipe and when the engine heat up...there's why smoke come out......try to drive it another day and see whether it stop or not...it should be ok I reckon....
    Exactly what happened.... you are ok. I would spray down the engine once it's cool and that will gat it off and anything else.

Member Array
    Car:
    93 B16A DA9 Integra
    spray it with wat?

Yeah i also think you might of spilt some of the fluid causing it to burn and smoke.. it happen to me once as its pretty alquid to get to.. umm with cleaning it up i just used an old rag and got as much as i could off where it was smoking..

Quote Originally Posted by wkdteg
    spray it with wat?
    water

Member Array
    Car:
    boosted dc2...
    just let it smoke away till it stops. its funny anyway
    Boosted Integra underway!

Member Array
    Car:
    93 B16A DA9 Integra
    LoL i just bought out my steamer
    ill wait till my old man gets home, show it 2 him, then ill give it a bit of a clean... i shouldnt b too worried bout this right?

Member Array
    spray it with wat?
    Soapy water.

LoL i just bought out my steamer
    ill wait till my old man gets home, show it 2 him, then ill give it a bit of a clean... i shouldnt b too worried bout this right?

Nah should ok man..

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    use some degreaser if you want, then water,

just keep that shit away from the dizzy

Member Array
    Car:
    93 B16A DA9 Integra
    yeah its on the other side
    my old man had a look at it
    its makin this strange ass noise, which sounds like metal on metal rubbing
    so we pulled out the power steering belt, which decreased the sound, but it was still present. it sounds like it might b comming from either the power steering pump, or from under it. its bloody hard to tell. the belt will b changed 2moro, so ill take it 2 the mechanic on wed or sumthin... hopefully its not too serious, as my dad has a feeling the engine is knocking... then im ***ed!