Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic EG =D

help!! .. what could be wrong

everytime i drive after 60km/h i can hear this ticking .. and it was ticking when i was turning the vehicle but that has been fixed cos of the tore cv joint but cease to end the ticking sound when going straight ..

this sound happens when im goiing straight seems to be coming outta all the wheels .. my mechinics said that my bushes were gone ..

could that be the problem?

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    that.. maybe wheel bearing?

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    your speedo cable is noisy,

that could be one thing, or ticking from the cluster ( odometer ) if you have a VSS type car

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    bushings usually do not make ticking noises. Worn bushings will usually make your car vibrate at high speeds. You usually will not notice that until you hit over 100km.

Other thing it might be is that wheel bearing are gone but usually all 4 do not go at the same time.

So for it to come from all 4 wheels its should be something else.

Have you put any new wheels or brake pads on?

I'd get another opinion from a different mechanic just in case.

Where abouts you located? if your in Syd i'd take it to Hanny's performance, they are good all round mechanics and only deal with hondas.
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic EG =D
    ohh kkay

im not in syd..

but my mate did tell me something around the lines of 'wheel bearing' is this a costly replacement?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK>DC5R>S2K&JAZ
    yea think i got same problem. it all started when i did a left turn...then the car keep on clicking.

now whenever i drive it, i can hear the noise when my foot isnt on the gas pedal or pressing the clutch. what could this be?

Member Array
    Car:
    scooby doobydoo
    check your tyres, you just might find a bolt or something lodged in there. happened to my mate the other day, tick tick tick as he drove.
    EPisode3 : revenge of the civic

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda CRX
    Have you got big wheels? then its ur CV shafts

I was equipped by Mugen Array
    Car:
    Lexus Soarer V8 GTLimited
    Quote Originally Posted by EK4R
    yea think i got same problem. it all started when i did a left turn...then the car keep on clicking.

now whenever i drive it, i can hear the noise when my foot isnt on the gas pedal or pressing the clutch. what could this be?
    Id seriously like to know what that noise is !!!
    Did you get an OD on the car when u picked it up. If you did, i will run it off the figure i have because i can guarantee NO clicking noise was there when I delivered it.

Honda resource for enthusiasts with all the latest news from Honda, downloads, media, photo albums, technical information and lots more!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic EG =D
    hrmmz im not sure what it possibly could be but dont wanna mess with it .. or maybe my wheel will fall off..

wels im gonna take it to pedders to get it have a look @

Member Array
    Car:
    EK>DC5R>S2K&JAZ
    same getting it fix on thursday. keep u all posted

Member Array
    Car:
    a bicycle lol
    probly cv, my friend had wheel bearing problems his whole car was shaking and vibrating.. that was f*ked..