Newcomer Array
    Car:
    96 prelude vtir

minor problem - engine light and intro

sup fellas

finally managed to save up n get my first honda, 96 gen 4 lude n i've had it for abt 2-3 weeks.

my qst for you guys is, my engine light on the dash occasionally comes on while im driving, do u know what the problem is?

and just to double check, (excuse the lack of tech terms) when starting the car, before turning the key all the way to ignition do you guys wait for the - engine, oil and some other light to flick off b4 fully starting the car? the guy i bought it off told me to do this.

cheers

p.s. do u find the clutch pretty heavy compared to other cars?
    pps - i find the power in low revs pretty sluggish, i reckon my 99 corolla could beat it b4 the lude vtecs

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Did you check if you have enough engine oil?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    Ludes
    Hi,
    Welcome to the prelude community.
    Firstly you will need to find the code that your computer throws out by bridging a plug under the dash near the centre console. To find this plug look in Preludeaustralia.com here you will find all the answers for your problems. That code will tell you what will need to be fixed just by the number of flashes the engine light blinks.
    With the power issue you will have to get a tune up just incase you have something wrong, cause I am assuming you have an Si and they should kick any NA 99 corrolla
    NSX headlights, DI NOC Carbon film, Flips Parts sale .

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    96 prelude vtir
    flipsmods,
    well the engine light doenst repeatively flash, just comes on occasionally and that bridging thing sounds pretty complicated haha but thanks ne way
    btw its a vtir =] VTEC YO

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    well if you dont bridged that connector, there is no way of telling what is wrong with your car, could be 1 of 100 things,

we cant help you if you dont know how to jumper the SCS connector and read out the code from the ECU.

THeres a how to on the forum somewhere. its quite simple to do and its saves you alot of time and hassles.

Good luck with the car and welcome to ozhonda.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    96 prelude vtir
    Quote Originally Posted by ECU-MAN
    well if you dont bridged that connector, there is no way of telling what is wrong with your car, could be 1 of 100 things,

we cant help you if you dont know how to jumper the SCS connector and read out the code from the ECU.
    aiights will attempt to give that a go then

and thanks for ur welcomes.

Member Array
    Car:
    prelude 1991
    do what Flip said. Also you may want to take the battery neg connector off for few second and put it back to reset the ECU. Sometime that does the trick.

Let's us know how you go.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    96 prelude vtir
    i heard abt the reseting the ecu, (if u havent figured im a car noob) but wouldnt reseting change the tuning thats already done? the car came with an safc piggyback.