Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    getting a B16 with ITR cams, and before it goes into the rex, should i swap the ITR cams for something else?

I can get JUN stage 2's or Skunk 2.

What is best to go for????

John

Why ITR cams? Why don't you go CTR cams?

Newcomer Array
    Quote Originally Posted by vti-2
    Why ITR cams? Why don't you go CTR cams?
    That what i'm being given with the engine. CTR cams are harder to come by in UK

How much are the other cams going to cost you? If the ITR ones come with the engine why not just try them and see how they perform?

AFAIK the CTR cams are more aggressive than the ITR ones therefore are better to go for. They are hard to come by here in Aus as well compared to ITR cams...

Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    TODA...

Since you're in England...
    Contact - Torque Developments International PLC.
    Unit 33, Trafalgar Business Centre
    River Road
    Barking
    Essex IG11 0JU England
    Tel: 0870 745 8750
    Fax: 0870 745 8753
    Email: sales@tdi-plc.com
    Web site: http://www.tdi-plc.com/todahome.html
    TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - FIGHTEX - MFactory - HALTECH - EXEDY
    Race engines, Dyno tuning, Licenced workshop, Parts.
    P:0401869524 email: toda@todaracing.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    Todas/Jun 3s

Be prepared to fork out $$$ for the Jun 3's...

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    same price range as todas

I meant in comparison to the Jun 2's and the Skunk's...

:P

it all depends on what your goals are and what application you are using them for. That is, how is your car set-up? Is it turbo/supercharged? Are you looking at this being a daily driver? What is your budget? All the brands you have mentioned are all great manufacturers of awesome camshafts. However, over my many years of quests in searching for quality Honda AEM products, one manufacturer stands out the most in terms of cams and proven results, that is EF-1. This company manufacture cams for your every needs, from high power cams that are capable of revving pass 10,000rpm with ease, to cams that are more suitable for high-power FI cars. The one thats stands out the most to me is the EF-1 M24 camshaft, also known as the "JunKiller" cam. It has high duration of 298 and a lift of 12.1mm. Compare this to any Jun cams, and you will see it has higher duration and more lift!!! This is definitely the one for high NA power cars!!!

here is a pic of the M24

Now bare in mind that these EF-1's are not cheap, but well worth the investment. However, if you are on a budget, then no doubt the best bang for your buck are CTR cams, but as u have mentioned, these are rare items. Toda and Jun make great cams too and are definitely items that u should highly consider.
    But for me, one choice, EF-1 M24 all the way!

www.ef-1.com

edited by vti-2: fixed img link

i say Toda B's if you want lumpy!..don;t forget valve springs and retainers!

teh more lift and duration on cams means the possibility of an upgraded fuels system, Engine mgt and more than like likely higher compression to make use of these cool cams...

pending on teh applicaiton for your car you should make ur decision based on that...

good luck

and do correct me if im wrong

cheers
    Dave :wink: