Kenny69

Installing Monza Sports Air Filter

Hi,

I am new here, I would like 2 know if its possible 2 install a Monza Sports
    air filter to my honda civic 1982. The honda has the round type of casing with
    the intake pipe coming out of it.
    I was wondering would it be possible to just remove the air filter from inside the casing and attach the monza air filter to the end of the intake pipe.

Thx in advance.

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Ok, I think we will need some more info here. Is the filter a panel filter or cone shaped? Assuming you want to make the setup on your car legal you will need to add the filter to enclosed box that you see at the start of the tubing.
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Mitsubishi Colt TME
    If it's a round thing, with piping coming out, it's probably a carburettor right.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Mirage
    yeh its probably carby.
    it wont be worth the hassle to modify the stock system to adapt to a pod filter.

Kenny69
    yeh its the coned shaped filter, and the motor is carburated, would it work if i just stuck the filter on the end of the intake pipe?

btw lets say its a showcar so its not illegal 2 put the airfilter on the outside of the casing.
    Last edited by Kenny69; 18-04-2006 at 03:07 PM.