Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz GLi CVT

Question Thailand built Jazz problems?

The 2006 Jazz in Australia is a minor update with full size spare, integrated turn indicator in mirror, folding mirror, shorten rear mounted antenna, LED high-mount & rear lights, etc. It all sounds good, and the price is lower than preceding models. The reason, among others such as the sharply priced new 2006 Civic sedan, is also that Jazz is now sourced from Thailand.

I am interested in a replacement Jazz for my current one (giving me some grief) but wonder if anyone hear/read/know of any issues with quality, such as fit & finish, component reliability with Thailand built Jazz? I believe Honda Thailand has been doing this for Jazz's in Singapore, Malaysia & Thailand.

But are these Jazz's in some way inferior to the previous Japan built ones? Not that you have any choice if you want a new Jazz - only from Thailand.

Does anyone also know if the main components, like engine & transmission are actually made in say Japan, but assembled in Thailand, which is not too bad, I guess.

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3,GE8,ZF1
    Thailand is the main of parts source,Many factories based at here,Quality is passed as same as japan headquarter.But labour costs is very cheaper but QC is standardized.
    Last edited by Fit1500_GD3; 19-04-2006 at 03:59 AM.

folding mirror!? electric?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000, Jazz, Prelude
    I bought my 2006 Jazz VTi-S in early March at the Motor show, was told delivery was early April, now i have just been informed it will more likely be early May. it is apparently on the first lot into the country

I would love to let you know about the build quality, i just need my car first

Chris.
    1993 White Prelude Si
    2001 MC Blue S2000
    2006 Nighthawk Black Jazz VTi-S

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2RRRRRRR
    hey fellas, the jazzes are in the country and we expecting one in our showroom this week. i will let you know if i can see any quality and fitment differences.

Lokets if you in syd im the man to come and see about a new jazz

whos the dealer you bought it off cjw07 because more likely then not they going to under promis and over deliver you your car.
    IS motor racing

Quote Originally Posted by SiR CRX View Post
    Sex Spec reminds me of Paris Hilton.

She's worth a lot of money but still looks like cheap trash....

Member Array
    Car:
    usdm whore
    thailand is pretty civilized, unlike vietnam.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz GLi CVT

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by spoon fit
    folding mirror!? electric?
    Yes, this is a direct copy & paste from this URL: http://www.honda.com.au/lwp/wcm/connect/Honda.com.au/Home/News/Honda's+"cunning+plan"+for+Jazz

Notice the bits in red (for VTi).

And by the way, what the heck is "escussion"?!?! Even google returns no result for such a word - maybe a typo.

------

Honda's "cunning plan" for Jazz
    4 April 2006

The man immortalised as Baldrick (“I have a cunning plan”) in the ‘Blackadder’ TV series, actor Tony Robinson, is the voice of Honda’s newest television commercial.

Created to coincide with the launch of the new Thai-built, facelifted 2006 Jazz range, the commercial is influenced by the “Thomas the Tank Engine” children’s series and features a Jazz driving through a toy world made up of a quintessential English village.

Tony Robinson voices the Jazz and other toy cars in the 60-second commercial.

Choosing to take the Jazz from Honda’s Thailand factories means Honda Australia can now offer air conditioning and keyless entry on the Jazz GLi for $15,990 RRP. The out-going Jazz GLi equipped with air conditioning cost $17,390.

The entire Jazz range also receives a full-size spared wheel and new LED tail and high-mounted rear stop lights.

To view the new 2006 Jazz TV commercial, visit: www.eversonice.com.au

Changes to Jazz GLi

Full-size spare wheel
    Keyless entry
    LED tail lights
    LED high mounted stop light
    Chrome inner door handles
    Chrome hand brake knob
    Aluminium CVT escussion
    Aluminium manual transmission surround
    New wheel cover design
    Clear side turn indicator on bumper
    Interior colour change: Blue/Black and Grey/Black

Changes to Jazz VTi and VTi-S

Full size spare wheel
    LED tail lights
    LED high mounted stop light
    Chrome inner door handles
    Chrome hand brake knob
    Aluminium CVT escussion
    Aluminium manual transmission surround
    New wheel cover design (VTi only)
    Side turn indicator in door mirror
    Power retractable door mirrors
    Rear centre mounted antenna

2006 Jazz prices*

Manual Automatic
    Jazz GLi $15,990 $17,990
    Jazz VTi $17,990 $20,290
    Jazz VTi-S $20,390 $22,690

*Includes GST. Excludes dealer delivery and statutory charges. Metallic and pearlescent paint $300 extra on some models.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz GLi CVT

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by PaZzMaN-R
    hey fellas, the jazzes are in the country and we expecting one in our showroom this week. i will let you know if i can see any quality and fitment differences.

Lokets if you in syd im the man to come and see about a new jazz

whos the dealer you bought it off cjw07 because more likely then not they going to under promis and over deliver you your car.
    Thanks PaZzMaN-R but I'm over in Brisbane. Will just have to wait until the Thai Jazz filters into the showroom, too much work to fly to SYD to check it out there.

But would appreciate very much your own observations on the quality, built and other differences on the Thai Jazz's which may not be apparent as my ideas are based on paper at this point.

I have to first trade in my old 1.3 GLi CVT (or sell it off direct) before I can think of a fancy new manual 1.5 VTi. My wife is not happy about manual transmission but I assured her it's the slickest gear change in the business, haha...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz GLi CVT

Cool

Despite the face lifted 2006 Jazz in OZ being so cool & nice, I would wish for these remaining items and if these are available/included, to me, the Jazz is complete (in order of desirability):

1. Side/curtain air-bags (at least available as an option)
    2. Drive-by-wire throttle
    3. Integrated cruize control (not after market)
    4. All disc brakes - not front disk & back drum

5. A more useful trip computer showing like: distance to empty tank
    6. Side pockets for the back doors

BTW, some of these wishes are already available in Jazz's outside OZ.
    Last edited by lokets; 19-04-2006 at 05:15 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG2, GD1, CL9
    damn.. the 06 update jazzes are getting so tasty..

now money spent on pre 05 jazz just went to waste as all things now come standards..

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    tell me about it....i have a 2003 with a 2006 rear end now! Which by the way cost me about $700 for the update some 18 months ago...now I won't be different any more.

I just want the power foldable door mirrors damn it.

I can't wait to check one out...I would even consider an upgrade if it wasn't so much trouble to remove everything from my car and transfer it across....

Even then, the resale for my car has just been hit hard and the fact that it still only has 17,000km on it, I probably can't justify it for a couple of little niceities.

I need to drive more first!

Quote Originally Posted by Jus-10
    I just want the power foldable door mirrors damn it.
    me too