Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

(Question) type r engine..

sorry boys and girls but i have done my search but could not find my answer.

At one stage i had a type R but i had to sell it to get a house. I can only dream to drive one again. My question is would it be worth it if i purchase a normal 97 civic model and change the engine to a type r, if so how much am i looking at?

thank you

Member Array
    Car:
    Milk Carton!
    IMO

Get the Type R!

I was equipped by Mugen Array
    Car:
    Lexus Soarer V8 GTLimited
    18k for a well built one
    97 EK4- ITR hybrid

Honda resource for enthusiasts with all the latest news from Honda, downloads, media, photo albums, technical information and lots more!

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    type r is overrated
    to you

OzHONDA FTL

Member Array
    Car:
    EK B18C|AP2 S2K
    did you want a price including the car or just the conversion? also where are you located as that makes a differance in price too
    whats an internet?

Quote Originally Posted by marte
    did you want a price including the car or just the conversion? also where are you located as that makes a differance in price too
    The price for a engine conversion for a type R.. i live in nsw

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    What sort of "type r" motor are we talking about? A type r from a civic or from an integra?

You will be looking at a mimimum of $5000 I would have thought, but call up a few importers/wreckers and ask them.
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    there are actually a couple of them for sale in the cars for sale section at the moment mate, all nice cars too... ahmed did the conversion, dunno bout pricing maybe he can help you, even Yonas, and a million other people here for sure

im a lazy bastard ill just buy on,e or you can buy my ITR and have the real thing!!!

:-P

hehehe

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by kayot1k
    type r is overrated
    And over priced IMO. If you can afford it just buy the whole car and save the time and trouble. If not, expect to pay $5k+USD ($6700+AUD) to do it right.

An EK hatch or coupe with K20A would go nice though

+ 1 vote for "..buy a real TYPE R" rather than spend the time buying another cheap car and converting it over.

recovering.... Array
    Car:
    Nicole
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin
    + 1 vote for "..buy a real TYPE R" rather than spend the time buying another cheap car and converting it over.
    its a Q thats been bothering me for a while/.... i still cant figure out the best option yet.

sign.