Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz GLi CVT

Question Would u buy a Jazz when Civic is just +$3K more?

When you have to make a choice and there are more than 1 choice, it is hard. Anyway, say I need to buy a new Honda in OZ and my budget can cover a VTi Jazz OR a new Civic - which would I choose? The price difference is around $3K - small enough to entice me to think, why not?

VTi Jazz is $18K, Civic is $21K. Both are base models (ie manual), made in Thailand.

Technically, Civic has the edge with a formidable engine (a 1.8 that works as 1.5 when cruising or 2.0 when accelerating), impressive chassis, fancier interior, has cruise control, looks not too bad, very good mileage (a mere sub-7L/100km), audio controls on steering, quieter, better ride, etc.

On the other hand, I think Jazz is more cute, been around for few years (bugs been ironed out & improvements made), smaller, easier to park/drive, slightly better fuel economy, cheaper but not much, has magic seats (base model Civic only has single fold-down rear seat, not 60/40), currently more mod-able, has fancy LED lights/turn signals/folding mirrors.

Which would you choose and why?

Member Array
    Car:
    spicy car
    Basiclly you have answered your own answer..
    Id go with the civic as has more power so its better for highways,
    more space very good car to get over the Jazz...

in the end it gonna depend on what you want

Goodluck
    Wee Wee Waa Waa

Civi is much better car 2 drive on the long run!

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000, Jazz, Civic
    The material in the civic is better then the Jazz.
    Is a different level of car, if you like small cars get the Jazz
    if you like abit more comfort and luxury, get the Civic.

Member Array
    Car:
    Odyssey
    And resale on the newer model Civic will far outweigh the Jazz when it comes time to pass it on. The Jazz may only be around for a couple more years and then it will be an old model. The liecycle of the new Civic will be much longer.

.. i bought a jazz over the civic cos i didnt have enough money and i really needed a car
    I haven't driven a Honda in years. :/ Does my honda lawn mower and whipper snipper count?

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3 Vti-S, S15 Spec R GT
    But turbo'ing it cost heaps no?

When I was planning to get a car I was tossing up between prelude and jazz... Thanks to my mummy I ended up getting a brand new jazz then a 2nd hand prelude. I'm really thankful she talked my out of getting the lud... The amount I drive the jazz is really $$$ saving for me... I do about 650kms a tank and never paid for then $50 a week for petrol. I hear about how much the prelude consumes petrol cause of it's weight and stuff I'm just thinkin if I did I would have been broke from driving lol

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz GLi CVT

Talking

I understand Jazz is a different class from Civic, but with the VTi at $18K, and a base Civic at $21K, it doesn't make sense anymore. Perhaps Honda Oz should drop the GLi, then make Jazz VTi the same price as GLi to create an even more distinct separation between the 2 classes of cars (yeah right, like they will).

Now that I've got the Civic brochure in front of me, the $3K extra buys you alot of alot... (better than just LED brake lights & folding mirrors...):

1. 1.8L silky smooth engine - 103 kW, 174 Nm.
    2. Rear double-wish bone suspension - good stuff
    3. Larger tyres - 195/65 R15
    4. Full size spare - (well, 2006 Jazz has that now)
    5. Rear disc
    6. Cruise control (Jazz after market install at least $500+)
    7. Claimed fuel economy 6.9L/100km Manual (+0.3 for auto)
    8. 5-speed auto, if you like it
    9. MP3-capable CD player, integrated audio control on steering (on VTi-L/Sport)
    10. Fancy speedo meter, cool blue color
    11. Better resale after 3 years when warranty runs out
    12. Fancy wiper (mounts on L/R side of screen & wipes outwards)
    13. Grip handles
    14. Dual exhaust
    15. Multi-tier display
    16. Drive-by-wire (electronic throttle)
    17. Dual stage, dual threshold airbags
    18. Third headrest at the back row
    19. Active headrest for front
    20. Door pockets all doors
    21. Convex mirror on both L/R sides
    22. In-glass radio antenna

Oh my.... the list is long. I know what my next Honda car will be now, I see the light now... ohhhh..

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    I must say the new Civic Sport is mighty tempting....but obviously a lot more than what you are looking at spending.

The Civic will cost about 20% more on the road than the Jazz...

But as everyone says, they are 2 different cars. For the price of a stock standard Civic you could have a nice, mildly modded Jazz, but I'm not sure if you are looking at modding it.

I am yet to meet anyone that has been disappointed with the Jazz after they got it.

Personally there is only one Civic to consider, and that's the Sport. Otherwise I'd be going the Jazz. Resale is neither here nor there. You're talking about very small margins (cheap initial purchase price) and generally, the lower end of the Honda models retain their value rather well if looked after.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG2, GD1, CL9
    i see u hav pretty much made up ur mind set to buying the civic

one thing for sure, they both are great cars and u won b wrong choosing either. if i were to choose again today, i'd go for civic too. for the 3k difference, its really a completely different level vehicle. as a jazz owner myself, i don dislike jazz but i still see it as a small/cute car. whereas the civic is more mature and subtle.

if u're planning to buy a car for ur gf/wife/sister etc, then jazz would suit them more as they're small, roomy (for shoppings ) and pretty zippy easy to drive.

ur choice to make, don streess over it too much. buying a new car is a happy thing

Member Array
    Car:
    JAZZ VTI-S & 06 CIVIC VTI
    Hi, I got both Honda Jazz vtis & Civic vti...
    the following is what I feel for both of my car, it's just my opinion!!

For the power, it is not much different since the Jazz is light weight(1025kg), civic(1180kg), Jazz can used to drive more than 500km for a tank of fuel, Civic only like less than 400km.

For the design, I would say that the civic is the best looking family car right now. It's really look likes a sport car. Blue color speedo meter is so so so cooool.

so, If you dont care how expensive the fuel is, choose civic...If you dont care about the Jazz is year 2001 design, choose it.

BTW, there is no audio controls on steering for the Civic vti......
    Last edited by brightboyfree; 21-04-2006 at 01:58 PM.