Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic 93 VTi Sedan

Falken 205/40/ZR17 grip problem...

Hey guys,

I bought some new rims (ANZ 17" Titanium White) rims and it came with Falken 205/40/ZR17 tyres, now whenever i drive in the wet it locks up alot easier than it normally did, even turning into corners it loses grip also, even accelerating a little into a corner, no chance, just spins and aquaplains....

Are these the tyres or somethin else?? The brake adjustment maybe?? Or just a crap tyre? i finally get my license back in 3weeks so i wanna be real safe in the wet....i've almost had 2 accidents due to this...

Any idea's??

Adam

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra *True* R
    Quote Originally Posted by adza33
    i finally get my license back in 3weeks so i wanna be real safe in the wet....i've almost had 2 accidents due to this...

Any idea's??

Adam
    It's your tyres, they're not suitable in the wet.

But let me get this straight, you're getting your licence back in 3 weeks and don't wont to get into an accident before then?
    For Sale: Sold

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic 93 VTi Sedan
    lol, i'd like to test a few tyres in the 3 weeks i have left b4 i get out on the roads in traffic, right now for the past 6months i have been driving around in my neighbour hood only. dont wanna risk anything too serious.... so just the tyres then.....damn...do u recommend something similar but also very good in the wet??

Adam

what falkens are they?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2RRRRRRR
    i got a set of 215's they got a reputation for aquaplaining in the wet... i havnt experienced this yet thankfully. found them to be ok for the first 3 laps around wakie then after that shit. also ended up using 2 front tyres. backs r fine tho. only used them for about 1500km before the track and not heavy driving
    IS motor racing

Quote Originally Posted by SiR CRX View Post
    Sex Spec reminds me of Paris Hilton.

She's worth a lot of money but still looks like cheap trash....

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic 93 VTi Sedan
    other than this description Falken 205/40/ZR17 , i dont know what else......

They ZE-326's by any chance?
    I got those in the same size and they do the exact same thing. Two of my buddy's said they're most probably the tires. I aquaplaned in them on a slight incline when just taking off normally. So I never rev near 2k in first when it rains. And yes, they dont grip at all. Mine tends to lose front end traction on low speed cornering or long bends.

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVibeS/Prado
    I had that size Falken's on my Lancer and they were the shittest tyre I've ever used. Aquaplane everywhere, wheel spin in the dry (in an auto 1.8ltr mind you). It's the tyre man, I'd take em back and say they are unsafe.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic 93 VTi Sedan
    damn straight.....as soon as im allowed back on the road straight to tyrepower!!

and yeah they are ZE-326's...

lots of people told me it was just new hence why they weren't gripping, so i thought ok i'll wear them in...then summer came and i lost my license so i really didnt get a chance to keep testing them out...ohh wellz, can sum1 recommend a similar yet better grip tyre?? just to give me a starting point??

Thanks for all the help...
    Adam

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVibeS/Prado
    I also used Yokohama's which weren't too bad. My Euro is due for tyres in the next month or so and I'm gonna try the Hankook's. Heard some good reviews, especially for the price.

Those are the ones!, Tempe specials. They are tonka tires, pretty much made out of plastic!
    They lasted me forever cuz they were so hard. Do you want something to last long or have grip? cuz you can't put those 2 words in the same sentence.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic 93 VTi Sedan
    I guess i'd rather waive durability and go with having a better grip, i rarely smoke em up anyway so they should last me for a while.....ohh well, now i better sell them... anyone wanna buy them?? lol, just kidding... i'll see if i can trade them in and get a new lot....

thanks for all the help!

Adam