Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    yeah man, resetting the ecu will do it

remember just pulling the fues or disconnecting the battery isnt going to do it.

you have to do it via the SRS yellow short connector

your indicators are not returning because you havnt pulled the little hub in there out enough to touch the wheel or you havnt lined it up with the wheel.

Last edited by ECU-MAN; 25-06-2006 at 11:12 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    98 VTi-R Prelude
    ohhhh so yeah i couldnt reset the ecu properly lol. failed lol. will do it again but not sure which fuse to pull out...will read over the diy thread coz i disconnected the battery and pulled the ecu fuse from in the footwell but the lights still on...
    u say the hub inside? theres like a white plastic ring inside with two extrusions, is that the one ur talking about. im gonna have another crack tomoz, spewin, i thought it was gonna be an hour job, not thre little 40min blocks lol.

Car:
    twin GX160's
    yeah that white thing. pull it forwards and lub it a little with crc.

to reset the srs ecu you have to short the yellow srs connector, turn the IGN on to pos II, wait till the srs light goes out, with in 4 sec unplug the connector, then the srs light comes on, then with in 4 seconds plug in the srs short connector then the light goes out and then blinks twice quickly to indicate the srs ecu has been resset.

Member Array
    Car:
    98 VTi-R Prelude
    wow....thanx mate!!! i wanna rep ya but i gotta rep someone else first,thats shambles!!!
    dude thank you SO much

sorry the yellow srs connector aint the service connector....its the yellow connector the srs bag connects to yeah?
    Last edited by CUL8R; 25-06-2006 at 11:50 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    98 VTi-R Prelude
    for the prelude

Solution: Reset the SRS funtion:

1- look underneath dash, near fusebox, for a 2-wire yellow plug, disconnect it and pull it down so you can work with it
    2- turn ignition OFF
    3- jumper the 2 wires together (cut paperclip in half and straighten, insert one end of both halves into back end of plug where each wire goes in, touch them together and hold)
    4- turn ignition ON (SRS light will turn on for 6 seconds, then turn off)
    5- within 4 seconds of SRS light turning off, unjumper the 2 wires (SRS light will turn ON)
    6- within 4 seconds of SRS light turning on, jumper the 2 wires (SRS light will turn OFF)
    7- within 4 seconds of SRS light turning off, jumper the 2 wires (SRS light will blink ON and OFF, indicating SRS function is reset)
    Last edited by CUL8R; 26-06-2006 at 12:13 AM.

Car:
    twin GX160's
    Quote Originally Posted by CUL8R

sorry the yellow srs connector aint the service connector....its the yellow connector the srs bag connects to yeah?
    no no no

ther is a yellow service connector under the dash

Member Array
    Car:
    98 VTi-R Prelude
    yeah i thought it seemed odd so i searched on prelude australia and foudn out what it is....hehe, yeah didnt make too much sense when i said it lol but now i know why my gut was saying yeah dont do that lol....
    so that list ive got up there seems good to u? yellow service connector just like the one u use to check CEL codes. sweet...easy
    Last edited by CUL8R; 26-06-2006 at 12:14 AM.

Car:
    twin GX160's
    yeah that list is fine, same as what I posted in post 28

good luck

Member Array
    Car:
    98 VTi-R Prelude
    yeah it is. yeah thanx man...ill do it all tomoz and hopefully post up happyness lol. thanx for ur help

Member Array
    Car:
    98 VTi-R Prelude
    Thank you superman! i mean ECU-MAN.
    the steering wheel goes straight, has the indicator click back, the srs light is off. all is great. hoorah lol.
    the clearing the srs wasnt too tricky but i still ha no idea with what i was doing, trying to watch the light and short the connector there were arms and legs flailing everywhere lol
    thanx mate

Car:
    twin GX160's
    its good to hear you sorted it out

I must admint when I 1st reset a srs ssytem like that, I was like "WTF"

you should see how the ATTS is done

good work. how about a pic of your new wheel

cheers
    John

Member Array
    Car:
    98 VTi-R Prelude
    ill throw it up soon
    its nothing too special just the normal prelude wheel with red stitching but its good to have leather on the wheel now lol