Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    Has anyone gotten the new Mugen exhaust or the body kit? surely with all the new civic now getting delivered someone has it!

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Would any of you guys be able to post info on where you bought your Civic 06 mods, prices, and info (maybe photos)?... I'm scared I might buy the wrong thing and it won't fit!

As for my own Civic 06 VTi-L... not counting floor mats and that :P... Added the spoiler from the Honda dealer accessories and installed low power RF amp+sub.

Member Array
    Car:
    09 Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by wassup
    Mods:
    Xenon Depot HID Conversion Kit. (4300K)
    White LED Daytime running lights
    White LED Rear number Plate lights
    i was thinking of getting the Xenon Depot HID kit for my civic as well, how do you find the quality of the kit? was it easy to install? how long did they to mail the kit to you?

also which type do i need to get for the 06 civic? is it the H1 or H7 version?

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    If what you guys say is true about the Malaysian model, I'll definitely be able to get the Malaysian HID kit from the Civic.. I just need to get the bulbs or something right?

Has anyone tried changing the bulbs yet on the Civic (at the front)? It seems rather difficult compared to other cars...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizz
    i was thinking of getting the Xenon Depot HID kit for my civic as well, how do you find the quality of the kit? was it easy to install? how long did they to mail the kit to you?

also which type do i need to get for the 06 civic? is it the H1 or H7 version?
    The Xenon Depot kit is the best one on the market and this is the conclusion i came to having spent a month researching on the net.

Installation is easy.. if you know where you want the wiring to go and you know where you can mount the Ballast and ignitor then itll take you 45mins. For me it took 2.5hours and this was to find a spot where i could mount the stuff and do it nice clean and tidy... you couldnt even tell it was running HID gear if you popped the bonnet

Headlight size for the 06 Civic is '9006' and '9005' for the highbeam if your really keen.

The kit took less than a week to arrive and could have been faster if i was home when the courier turned up.

JACE: i wouldnt bother with the OEM kit from the Malaysian model... it may not even fit our cars as the wiring harness would probably also need to connect into the washers which your car wont have. Not to mention that theyll cost a whole heap more even considering how cheap things are in Msia.

Bulb replacement is alittle more fiddly but once youve done it once itll take you a few minutes to do it in the future...

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    I had a look at the manual and doesn't it require you to turn the wheels or something to access the light bulb area? I really wanted brighter lights or HIDs at one stage but at the moment, I'm gonna wait a bit since it seems quite pricey (remember I'm on a not so great income) and I think the money would be better spent on things I'd enjoy more (ie. upgrade front speakers and exhaust).

Btw do you guys know how to get those tiny blue LEDs inside the headlights I've seen on a few cars?

Member Array
    Car:
    09 Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by wassup
    The Xenon Depot kit is the best one on the market and this is the conclusion i came to having spent a month researching on the net.

Installation is easy.. if you know where you want the wiring to go and you know where you can mount the Ballast and ignitor then itll take you 45mins. For me it took 2.5hours and this was to find a spot where i could mount the stuff and do it nice clean and tidy... you couldnt even tell it was running HID gear if you popped the bonnet

Headlight size for the 06 Civic is '9006' and '9005' for the highbeam if your really keen.

The kit took less than a week to arrive and could have been faster if i was home when the courier turned up.

JACE: i wouldnt bother with the OEM kit from the Malaysian model... it may not even fit our cars as the wiring harness would probably also need to connect into the washers which your car wont have. Not to mention that theyll cost a whole heap more even considering how cheap things are in Msia.

Bulb replacement is alittle more fiddly but once youve done it once itll take you a few minutes to do it in the future...
    cool, thanx. when installing, did you have to remove the entire headlamp to fit the conversion kit? if you dont mind, could you post a pic showing where u mounted the ballasts?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizz
    cool, thanx. when installing, did you have to remove the entire headlamp to fit the conversion kit? if you dont mind, could you post a pic showing where u mounted the ballasts?
    Theres no need to remove the headlamp.. like i said.. if you know where your putting everything itll only take you 45mins.

Images below - particularly the second image is where i mounted the Ballast.

The bulb goes into the headlight assembly as you would when replacing the stock bulbs (see the owners manual) The cables from the HID bulbs will then hang down and connect to the ballast and wiring harness.. which you would have mounted below the headlight assembly. These locations are probably the best as if you take a look at your engine bay there are no good mounting positions like the strut towers for example on other cars...

The image below is the Ballast (bottom side of the Gen4 Phillips Ballast)and ignitor (little Black box) mounted on the Right hand side of the car...

Installing the Kit is very basic.. everything plugs into its own little spot.. you cant get it wrong... you replace the bulbs as you would normally and you earth the wiring harness that you get with the kit and plug it into the battery... the hardest bit is tidying it all up so it looks factory.. so.. if you can imagine that then you know how simple it is. I personally think its one of the best mods you can do considering how often it'll get used.

JACE:
    Image below shows my daytime running lights. These are 5Bulb LEDS.

Member Array
    Car:
    09 Civic VTi
    excellent stuff. thanks mate.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Looking good. Haha if you're ever really free, you should write up a quick/simple DIY guide with those photos!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury Manual
    Doesnt look very bright......

you have obviously never used HIDs before.