Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    01 S2000
    this is the keypad on thew windscreen, its not as noticable when looking at the car as it is in that pic. when the car is locked the centre of it alternately flashes red and blue.

and here is the circuit i had to make to control the ignition and starter via a single button

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Prelude VTi-R
    hahah Boy george u went to town on that board lol, yeah your right I had drawn it all up in a schematic and forgot the point that the starter is somewhat grounded via the block then through sensors and smaller ground cables, Ill do it via the starters pos terminal or similar.. whered u pull that keypad from?? I might just look in to it muchly! is that resin the PSB sits on??? gotta hope nothing goes bang in there! lol
    that from a kit or are u an electro head?
    BB6 Prelude H22A4 CP 11.5:1 pistons, eagle rods, shaved deck 12.3:1 comp, Type S cams, lovefab header, s200, 65mm TB, 2.5" through...
    NA WARRIOR

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    01 S2000
    thats no kit lol, cant be purchased anywhere or anything like it that i know of. i had to design it all from scratch. i started out with a list of things i needed the circuit to do, to mention a few, turn ignition on when button pushed, ignition off with button pushed again, starter turns if button is held down. from there worked out in my mind how all the requirements were going to tie into together with the one button and realistic circuitry, wrote that down, and then started at the first requirement designing the circuit to meet that need, and then continued thru to i think the 9th thing, by the end, a few nights later had a working model on a breadboard, then soldered those components onto a circuit board, tested it working and then placed the circuit in a special non-corrosive, non conductive resin for a few reasons, protects everything from shortcircuit, corrosion, the lack of a PCB lol, it stops any components from moving and either shorting, breaking from vibration/stress and whatever else, basically freezes the circuit, if it works now it will work forever once in resin (other than normal component failure after a few hundred thousand or millions hours of use

the keypad is part of the immobiliser/alarm system i installed recently, that immobiliser also is the one that controls the proximity so that the car unlocks when i come within range it.

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Prelude VTi-R
    well kudos to you, alot of time and patience in the makings, u do electronics as a hobby or part of your occupation may i ask
    BB6 Prelude H22A4 CP 11.5:1 pistons, eagle rods, shaved deck 12.3:1 comp, Type S cams, lovefab header, s200, 65mm TB, 2.5" through...
    NA WARRIOR

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    01 S2000
    bit of both, was from a young age a hobby, then as i got into cars at 17 when i got a licence it became a hobby/business making total closure circuits for the windows on opel cars with a circuit i designed (which i had no intention to sell, as with this i just made it, but then got heaps of people asking for me to make them one, and before long was making them and selling worldwide) and now i have a jon doing an electronics apprenticeship at a gps/laser shop working with and selling/servicing laser levels, gps euipment for land levelling, road construction with graders/dozers etc, autopilot systems for tractors and other things to steer them in a straight line to name a few things.

Sorry to bumpan old thread, but anyone got ideas about where to get an s2k starter button? my local dealer wants $160 for one! its going into my dc2 so any sorta kit would help too
    VTEC YO

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    01 S2000
    I should post a photo of my button, looks like a factory button, it's just next to the ignition in place where the dimmer dial was. Fits perfectly and moved the dimmer to the blank place on the left of the steering wheel. Button was about $50 off eBay

awesome, yeah thats the same as i wanted to do with mine, im just not the best when it comes to wiring lol
    if i wanted to keep the key working and have the button do the same thing (just for peace of mind lol) is there much work? or am i better off getting an auto elec to install it
    VTEC YO

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    01 S2000
    Dead simple u could do it in minutes.. Just connect the 2 wires from the button to the loom going to the ignition barrel, one to constant 12v the other to the starter wire.

haha ok well like I said im not the best on electrics but thanks for the help, ill keep an eye out for a button and let you know how it goes
    VTEC YO

Civic dashboard with engine start button
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Civic..jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	14621  

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 / KB1
    thinking of doing this mod on my car soon. just wondering if i can connect the ground wire from the relay to the handbrake switch ground wire so that only when the handbrake is applied can the car be start (circuit is complete). Is this possible and do i need to put a diode?
    Own a Honda Legend? Visit www.acuralegend.org