Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    i was just wondering how many people have made the H22A conversion on a EG hatch on this forum.. Can I keep the air conditioner in my EG after the swap with H22A?

geek has done it on the ek and managed to keep the air con... should be similar for eg??
    フジタエンジニアリング

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda's
    my opinion..not worth it..the money u spend on putting the h22a in ur better off with a b16a2 or b18c..ive had a squirt with a gen 2 crx with a h22a v b16a2 civic..he just pulled from 20 to 150 not even a full car length. both had same mods..but pends what ulike i guess..everyone to there own
    11.41@119 mile ALL MOTOR street chassis

K series parts whore

FFamily

haha.. wtf.. the h22a in the crx must have been shit then. I beat my mate who had a b16a in his civic while I was in second gear.. just shat all over him.

Was that h22a tuned or what?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda's
    not noing the owner?? but the condition of his car i would say yes it was tuned. jdm b16a2 vs aus spec h22a....EG civic vs 3rd gen crx..not enough diff for me to go away from my planz. Respect to your old car though.What u got now?planz?
    11.41@119 mile ALL MOTOR street chassis

K series parts whore

FFamily

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    ugh

Better off going B20/16a conversion.
    H22a is IMO too heavy and unnecessary - all the REALLY GOOD extra shit is available for B series heads, and H-series stuff isn't so common, and is a lot more expensive

The H22a conversion can be done, and AC can be kept. Its a lot more painstaking and a harder job, id prefer to put a B18c motor as its alot cheaper in labour and is much easier to mofidify later on.

Call me if you are interested in any of this type of work as we have done these conversions many times before.

Quote Originally Posted by razztech
    The H22a conversion can be done, and AC can be kept. Its a lot more painstaking and a harder job, id prefer to put a B18c motor as its alot cheaper in labour and is much easier to mofidify later on.

Call me if you are interested in any of this type of work as we have done these conversions many times before.
    And also to add....

with such a big engine in such a tiny space - the advantages of a stock engine do not exist anymore. For example , to change a timing belt upon a h22a in a EG - apparently you have to take out the entire engine to access ! Shoe-horned indeed !

i don't have a air conditioning in my EG4 as yet..

where can i get that from? newcastle NSW

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    Call

Honbits
    9725 2611

and

Brooky Parts Plus
    8788 8888

Ask for an "AIR CONDITIONING KIT" for an eg civic (hatch or sedan)

Member Array
    Car:
    no longer drive one. :-(
    Talking to Deni at Online Performance the other day and he said he can get bolt in kits for the H22a to go in a EG

Sounds good to me