Member Array
    Car:
    00' PY DC2R

32mm swaybar???wat??!!

was browsing thru honda-tech forum...and saw that the yanks are using 32mm swaybars on their hondas?!!ermmm isnt that a tad too thick for a swaybar?
    I my Honda

EJ8 - DC2 - EM1 - DC2R - CP9A - CT9A - CL9

hehe..not really. depends on which car....they religiously follow the honda accords over there as well, and they fully mod them up for handling etc. with a much bigger car, calls for a bigger sway bar (as there is more roll). so its not uncommon. The stock sway bar on such a big accord is 27mm. So 32mm would be an upgrade.

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    not only on the accord, ASR has the mounting/re-enforcement kit for civic's to run 32mm sway. They just gansta as over there.
    |=TeamPOV=|=JDMYard=|=EK Squad=|=101 MotorCafe Performance Tuning=|

EK Koni Yellows + King Spring Combo for Sale

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    its a hollow 32mm bar.. it aint solid
    Club EM1 Represents - member 01 of 01

Also, the ASR/Comptech "reinforcement" kits are still not a 100% solution for a huge swaybar, especially the ek. They still mount to the paper thin subframe, so, instead of making small holes where the bolts go, you'll tear the whole thing off. Honda-tech has plenty of cases where subframes have torn even with these devices.

mate, a 32mm solid is mega MEGA overkill on almost any car.

I doubt they are solid. For example, my car weighs 1700kg and the optimum swaybar for my car and its handling package is a 24mm solid. I do not by any chance think they are using a 32mm solid.

BUT, i could be wrong because yanks are like that, if its hard and stiff, 'its sporty'

Member Array
    Car:
    00' PY DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by SiReal
    hehe..not really. depends on which car....they religiously follow the honda accords over there as well, and they fully mod them up for handling etc. with a much bigger car, calls for a bigger sway bar (as there is more roll). so its not uncommon. The stock sway bar on such a big accord is 27mm. So 32mm would be an upgrade.
    i saw in honda tech and these 32mm were on EG and EK hatches
    I my Honda

EJ8 - DC2 - EM1 - DC2R - CP9A - CT9A - CL9