Member Array
    Car:
    X

A little advice from AusS2000?

Last edited by claymore; 04-06-2009 at 06:04 PM. Reason: posted in parallel universe

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Damn, feel the love.

The two threads I linked in another thread from S2ki cover my experiences including triumphs and tragedies. But in a quick summary:

I've installed the Comptech SC and the LoveFab turbo on an MY2000 Honda S2000.

The SC kits are nice because you get everything in the one kit and can pretty much do the install in a day with standard tools (you'll need a crank pulley tool and some way to tap the crank pulley).

Performance wise they feel like stock until up towards VTEC buthen all hell breaks loose. A really nice kick for not much more money than you'd spend on a good JDM intake header and exhaust.

The turbo kits are a much bigger commitment in both time and money. None of the kits are really complete as you still need a bigger exhaust to get full benefit. The LoveFab kit is a deluxe kit in that it comes with an AEM EMS with a pretty good base map and 750cc injectors.

I only bought the hot side (turbo, manifold, downpipe and wastegate) and did the rest myself. I used a PWR intercooler and Turbonetics BOV. My car was on jack in my garage for three months during all the fabrication.

Performance wise the turbo S is a totally different car. It has so much torque from 3000 onwards that you drive it totally differently to a stock or even SC S2000. On long fast roads I use higher gears more often and don't have to drop gears to overtake. It is seriously fast.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Keep in mind the Comptech and Vortech S2000 SCs are centrifugal and hence greatly different to what most people think of when thinking SC. There is a positive displacement SC in development by a company called BPR but it is still pre-Beta.