Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    damn man just converted my SRI back to CAI and can tell the car is alot smoother but throttle response has decreased, but nice shrill sound when revving.
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK1
    I'm looking to buy a sri from ebay which comes complete pod filter. My question is: Can I only install the sri without having a cai system?

Eventually I'll do CAI but for now I'll start with sri, but just wanted to clear this up first. thanks

Banned Array
    Car:
    EH9
    i dont get it, when u install an intake, u either have a SRI OR a CAI, u can't have both, unless u got a SRI with a DIY cold air feed.... is that wat u mean

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK1
    Yes, I should have made reference to this thread to make it more clear... http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ight=resonator
    Cool, thanks for clearing that up!

Member Array
    Car:
    BCNR33
    i don't give a f*ck what 3/4 of ricers may think. extended ram pipes is completely useless. think about it... your extending the pipe. you loose response immediately. only thing that works for n/a cars is shortening the intake pipe as much as you can. usually relocate the battery to the boot. then pod filter enclosure along with a cold air feed. pod filter must be high flow. usually resulting in poor filteration. theres always a compromise between filteration and flow.
    Daily: '06 Honda Civic Vti | Weekend: '97 Nissan Skyline GTR BCNR33

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Door EK GLi
    Quote Originally Posted by 6-SpeedManual View Post
    i don't give a f*ck what 3/4 of ricers may think. extended ram pipes is completely useless. think about it... your extending the pipe. you loose response immediately. only thing that works for n/a cars is shortening the intake pipe as much as you can. usually relocate the battery to the boot. then pod filter enclosure along with a cold air feed. pod filter must be high flow. usually resulting in poor filteration. theres always a compromise between filteration and flow.
    '

I agree with you man

s tune Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 sold :(
    There's a bigger compromise with SRI compared to a well designed CAI. Perhaps you should do some research.

Member Array
    Car:
    BCNR33
    Quote Originally Posted by T-onedc2 View Post
    There's a bigger compromise with SRI compared to a well designed CAI. Perhaps you should do some research.
    Yeah your right. you compromise the fact that you won't get points from other ricers.

Please elaborate your statement?

btw I didn't say anything about a short ram, i'm talking about shortening of the factory intake piping.
    Last edited by 6-SpeedManual; 16-06-2009 at 02:15 PM.
    Daily: '06 Honda Civic Vti | Weekend: '97 Nissan Skyline GTR BCNR33

Member Array
    Car:
    Eva
    You're pretty wrong. A well design CAI will tunnel the air and give it much more velocity. You will lose response slightly going to a longer pipe of course, but when you're talking about 15-20cm of extra pipe on a system that can be like 100cm long, it's pretty trivial, especially when the air is travelling faster in the CAI.
    CL9 Euro Luxury

Toda - 127kW | Wakefield - 1:19.1 | WSID - 15.4

QUALITY K-SERIES AND CL9 EURO PARTS FOR SALE

s tune Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 sold :(
    Yeah your right. you compromise the fact that you won't get points from other ricers.

Please elaborate your statement?

btw I didn't say anything about a short ram, i'm talking about shortening of the factory intake piping.
    I don't like ricers any more than you, and you clearly don't like them.

I think I misread your post, if you mean extending the stock CAI inlet without giving thought to improved flow, then yes I agree.

Member Array
    Car:
    1996 honda accord VTI-S
    yow fellaz just a quick question about this thread, does the size of the pipe matters? like 3inch or 2.5inch?? does is make any difference? thanks

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2004 Accord Euro luxury
    great info guys, my euro has a k and n typhoon short ram with cai extention, i think i may now use the cai after hearing this good exlpanation. cheers!