Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112
    Member Array
    Car:
    98 Civic EK3
    / i have a 98 Civic VTi Hatch, Fresh off the boat from Japan.

Member Array
    Car:
    1996 honda accord VTI-S
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirumz View Post
    Are Cold Air Intakes Legal In Victoria. Also how difficult are they too install/will i kill my engine installing it in my backyard?
    they are not really hard to install, most of the are just plug and play, but sometimes it depends on what type of brand your getting, also if its the right one for your car..

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Just wanna put in my 2c, i've been looking at a aftermarket intake for ages. And I found a review below to be especially insightful:
    http://www.jdmlove.org/reviews/intak...sp1431-intake/

I'm personally very interested in the "Ice Box" setup, it' seems to be a the perfect compromise between SRI and CAI with less tendency to both heat transfer issues with SRI and the Water problems with CAI.

And IceBoxes seems to be pretty darn cheap compared to some of the CAI's out there (due to the fact it's just plastic), also it keeps your car looking VERY stock, good for the insurance companies... but if you want shiney engine bay then i guess CAI/SRI is still the way to go...

PS: I've found ANY aftermarket intake will give you more power due to the fact it removes the resonator.... Hell even stock intake will give more oomph if you remove the resonator.
    If a person drives their car in such a way that hydrolock becomes a problem, they shouldn't be driving/owning a decent car in the first place.
    Last edited by butterfingers; 15-07-2012 at 09:17 PM.

a Decent CAI makes small amounts of power gains but makes the car sound much nicer. Keep in mind that in most states they are illegal. I've heard of some people putting a stock box over the CAI so it seems like it it a stock intake system

Do intakes make more power after being tuned?

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    Quote Originally Posted by MR.K View Post
    Do intakes make more power after being tuned?
    Yes, your car will.

Quote Originally Posted by androo View Post
    Yes, your car will.
    oh cool. how much does a typical intake tune cost btw?

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    It makes more power after a 'tune' but you don't have your car tuned after getting an intake.

Tune = 5-10 times the cost of the intake.

You only tune when you need it.

After an intake, disconnect your battery for a few minutes then plug it back on so your ECU resets itself and adjusts to the new intake setup. That's all.