Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    Yeah IMHO it's definately worth fitting a solid pinion collar if your current diff feels like it has plenty of backlash. It's not an expensive mod, seems totally pointless till you pull apart a diff and see just how much the factory crush collar can/is compress/ed, you realise why crown wheel failure is so common. I've seen quite a few apart now, each one with broken teeth had a rooted crush collar. If your plans are to keep it N/A and you don't have an abusive style of driving then this is all you'll need. However if your planning going down the route of F.I. then also upgrading the diff centre end caps to stronger, reinforced caps is also a sensible mod. As the extra torque will cause stress in these area's.
    Last edited by JAP-S2K; 06-05-2010 at 10:18 PM.
    CHEAP--FAST--RELIABLE = PICK ANY TWO

Member Array
    Car:
    01 S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by JAP-S2K View Post
    Yeah IMHO it's definately worth fitting a solid pinion collar if your current diff feels like it has plenty of backlash. It's not an expensive mod, seems totally pointless till you pull apart a diff and see just how much the factory crush collar can/is compress/ed, you realise why crown wheel failure is so common. I've seen quite a few apart now, each one with broken teeth had a rooted crush collar. If your plans are to keep it N/A and you don't have an abusive style of driving then this is all you'll need. However if your planning going down the route of F.I. then also upgrading the diff centre end caps to stronger, reinforced caps is also a sensible mod. As the extra torque will cause stress in these area's.
    That's what I thought! Let me know when you get one, I'm thinking the J's one is good...we'll get a meal deal on the shipping lol

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    Done deal. Pm sent.
    CHEAP--FAST--RELIABLE = PICK ANY TWO

S2Krazy Array
    I'm down for a diff collar too. Perhaps we can arrange a GB via PM?
    --------------------------------------
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...

Member Array
    Car:
    01 S2000
    JAP, you got PM ... thanks man