Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    This seems like an interesting mod, for the price.

1. Is it true that CTR pistons will give more compression over JDM ITR pistons in a B18C7?

2. If Pistons + rings were purchased, what is the process of getting them installed? a straight exchange or is there any other type of work required?

3. If compression was raised, is aftermarket EMS absolutely necessary? or can Stock computer re-adjust?

4. What would be the speculative bump in compression/gain/ change in torque curve?

(assuming standard ITR cams)

I've been reading about this too, but apparently if using these with fairly agressive cams there could be piston/valve clearance issues because of the domed top of the piston. Compression with these on a stock B18C7 is somewhere around 12.2-12.5:1 .

ahhaha yeah I saw your interest in the FS section
    So on stock CAMS should be no probs, but if using anything above a SPEC B - issues.

Wouldn't be much to gain on stock CAMS would there....

Not too sure to tell you the truth. Could be some sort of gain but would be most beneficial with some sort of aftermarket programmable engine management.

Keep your mits off the CTR pistons

j/k

CTR pistons for $550... i think you could get a set of spoon balanced jdm pistons for less.... if that's all your after...

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    If u are after a set of pistons and going to the trouble of installing them, defaintly get something stronger and forged. It wont cost u much more, and support more power. Oh yeah, while ur at it, new rods wont go atray
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Yeah. At the end of the day they are 'just' (and I say that with some caution ) standard pistons.

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    I'm not sure about getting forgies on an NA setup. There are some bad points about getting forgies Weq
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    Quote Originally Posted by wynode
    I'm not sure about getting forgies on an NA setup. There are some bad points about getting forgies Weq
    Please elaborate

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by McChook
    Please elaborate
    Elsewhere........make a thread and i'll reply.

I don't mind I'd like to know to.

As far as I know, ITR/CTR/toda pistons are forged - providing better strengths for High RPM/compression applications, but then, I am only a hobbyist not an engine builder, so feel free to comment.

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Ohh........I didn't know they were forged.....my bad.

But the comment was in relation to Forged pistons requiring to be warmed up, using a bit more oil when cold and also being a bit noisy because of the large piston to bore clearance when cold.