Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney

[Euro] Left side mirror, non-zoomed replacement

Does Honda have available replacement left-side mirrors that are not zoomed?

The standard ones are zoomed out so cars look further away than they actually are, which means merging left can be dangerous. Plus I find reverse parking much harder. Personally I find normal 1:1 mirrors much safer since you dont have to think or guess how far other cars are.

On a side note, I drove a Lancer the other day and ALL of the mirrors are zoomed, crazy stuff indeed...

If Honda dont sell them, are there aftermarket ones available?

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro
    More and more cars are being fitted with convex mirrors all round -- I doubt you'll get a flat one from Honda.

Convex mirrors give you a greater field of vision.

You should be checking your blind spots anyway, so you should still know how far away the other cars are...

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    honda does not supply non-convex mirror glasses, unless it came from factory.. or maybe you can get one from the u.s? or another country that is LHD

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Bummer. I do always check my blind spot, I just hate mirrors that modify true distance, which can be a biatch when parking.

Maybe I'll ask the guys at the tsx forums.

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Windscreen repairers such as Windscreen O'Briens will do flat mirrors for you...
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    MY06 Accord Euro Std MT
    god i love those mirrors!

i don't like the 1:1 mirrors....these mirrors give u a better depth of field, which i find more important when driving rather than parking....

i like to be able to easily see the cars around me...

my dad's falcon has even more convex mirrors and i like it better....and i reckon it's easier to park with them - u can easily see when your rear wheel is gonna hit the curb...

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    r u serious? I cant stand it. If it was just a wider view then it'll be ok I guess, but the distance factor is what deters me.

thx EA13, I may check out Windscreen O'Briens

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Breeze
    you guys know where can i get custom cut of convex mirrors....my spoon side mirror's glass broke..and needs to be replace by a convex type glass
    hope you guys can help me..tnx

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroDude
    r u serious? I cant stand it. If it was just a wider view then it'll be ok I guess, but the distance factor is what deters me.

thx EA13, I may check out Windscreen O'Briens
    I'm with you can't stand them!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    My brain has adjusted to the left side mirror that I find the right side mirror being zoomed in too much. LOL.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    haha well ive kindof gotten used to it, but I still get in a sticky situation merging left, I sometimes end up merging right in front of the other car since it looks twice as far in the mirror lol. *calls O'Briens*

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    In reference to this topic, please check your local state authorities as I was told that in Victoria it is illegal to run the Japanese mirrors on (a civic) due to the mirror being concave while the stock mirrors are 1:1.

Quote Originally Posted by patchwick
    you guys know where can i get custom cut of convex mirrors....my spoon side mirror's glass broke..and needs to be replace by a convex type glass
    hope you guys can help me..tnx
    If you are in Melbourne I can suggest a place.
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.