Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Might wanna buy the car first
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Winner! Array
    Car:
    dc2
    in regards to manual vs auto....

i SLAMMED, i mean ABSOLUTELY DISGRACED a friends BAfalcon XR8 UTILITY... it was automatic transmission. i won in EVERY gear... i was shocked.

so what does that mean in terms of the em1 (which is man of course) vs the semi-auto 3????~
    when do we hit vtec?

yeah I think I will do that. Race on him a private road some where. Getting quite sick of him raving about how great his car is.

I'll let you guys know

Disabled Array
    Car:
    Type-MO
    Quote Originally Posted by fried
    in regards to manual vs auto....

i SLAMMED, i mean ABSOLUTELY DISGRACED a friends BAfalcon XR8 UTILITY... it was automatic transmission. i won in EVERY gear... i was shocked.

so what does that mean in terms of the em1 (which is man of course) vs the semi-auto 3????~
    maybe your friend cant drive?

Member Array
    Car:
    baron
    I'm suprised you beet him in first... my friends VR beats most manuals in first purly because of the low ratios required in manuals... Maybe I'm gonna be the first to beat him :P YeY High Red Line YeY

how canyou not drive an auto? :P

don't forget he had 200kg's of sand bags in the back... take the sand bags out and it'd be a different story i reckon.
    And so it begins...

Member Array
    Car:
    baron
    maybe it was set up for drift :P or the tacho wasn't working properly HAHAHA... need any other excuses?

Disabled Array
    Car:
    Type-MO
    Quote Originally Posted by ginganggooly
    how canyou not drive an auto? :P

don't forget he had 200kg's of sand bags in the back... take the sand bags out and it'd be a different story i reckon.
    hahah was that you?? :P

Member Array
    Car:
    Fridge
    but what do you mean by beat? in a straight line?

Snap Happy! Array
    Car:
    ER34
    yeah and I got beat by Benjamin too!
    ClubITR.com.au

the 2.0l Mazda 3 isn't quick as far as I'm concerned, my mates 5 spd is a fair bit behind my stock d16a8 CRX. Even if its an SP23, I can't see the civic losing on paper. So all the pressure is on you

hahahaha funny this topic has come up... cause i raced a sedan SP3 last night, and he also raced my friends 2000 model Celica VVTLI...

i was actually very surprised how quick they are! i beat him by about 4 car lengths... but he beat my friends Celica by a car and a half, and when they raced rolling they were bonnet to bonnet.... they both only have full exhaust.

but on paper the Celica should flog it... i was shocked. 141 Kws and a lighter car Vs 115 heavier car... Celica does a quicker 0 - 100 time on paper.

but when you think about it the celica being 1.8 only has 180 Nm of torque against 2.3L - 203 nm. so he just pulls away from 0 - 100. and stays 1 and a half cars in front.

and before you say something must be wrong with the celica or the driver... i was in his car last week, when he beat my friends Civic VTIR coupe...

so anyways - i will nearly guarantee you that a SP3 will beat a CIVC coupe VTIR.