Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Setanta
    Quote Originally Posted by CAT_SPEW
    i was also told that the B16B would not fit into my civic??? Something about the manifold being to big..?
    Ummm - people fit H22As from 'ludes in EGs, somehow I don't know that a B16B is bigger.

I'd be holding onto a complete budget of 5 grand if I were you - especially as an EG6 cut can be 2.5K and up. That should cover an exhaust, electrician's costs, fluids and installation plus any problems etc
    Would I be able to use the current exhaust that I have? It is 2.25 inch I think, not sure on the other details. I will be doing the installlation with my dad who is a mechanic and would be getting the electrical stuff done by a friend who is an electrician for a good price.

How come I need engine mounts from the US??? Is that for all of the engines listed, or just one in particualr?

And it looks like I'll be leaning towards the B16A, alot more information on it which will help me out a bit. And easier to source parts from what I have heared.

not sure where your going to get the b18 from... the c5,6,7 etc are USDM only.. asian spec itr's are named b18c
    フジタエンジニアリング

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    Would I be able to use the current exhaust that I have? It is 2.25 inch I think, not sure on the other details. I will be doing the installlation with my dad who is a mechanic and would be getting the electrical stuff done by a friend who is an electrician for a good price.

How come I need engine mounts from the US??? Is that for all of the engines listed, or just one in particualr?

And it looks like I'll be leaning towards the B16A, alot more information on it which will help me out a bit. And easier to source parts from what I have heared.
    You can use most of the exhaust, but if you have a non-factory header you cant use that. If you are dropping a "B" series engine in, you MUST use the US manufactured mounts as you have a "D" series engine in your car and the mounting points and sizes are different. The donor car is a different beast and fully re-engineered firewall forward from what you have. Both Place Racing and Hasport make the mounts - the Hasport are better from what people say (I think they do all four mounts not just three.

When you get the cut, make sure you have everything including the front brakes which you'll need to upgrade as well as the brake booster, gearbox, ECU, driveshafts etc because none of the equipment in your bay will be any good.

I think I have the SOHC Non-VTEC motor 1.5 litre dual-carby.
    Did this motor come out in the EG? I was sure it was only the ED/EF. Which do you have? It's rated at 100ps (about 97-98 bhp)
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    HA sport make good mounts but only use three..there is no front engine mount well for the ED crxs neways..Im sure if u buy an EG front cut u wont need engine mounts as you can use these. I know beng on these forums dropped a b16a into his EG and im pretty sure he ddint purchase a mount kit..I reckon PM him and he'll let u know how to do it.

G

Damn, so another $600 on top of the cost of the front cut? Is their a place in brisbane that would sell them?

I'm pretty sure that is what the engine is, but I'll go check in a min to be sure.

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by [G
    ]HA sport make good mounts but only use three..there is no front engine mount well for the ED crxs neways..Im sure if u buy an EG front cut u wont need engine mounts as you can use these. I know beng on these forums dropped a b16a into his EG and im pretty sure he ddint purchase a mount kit..I reckon PM him and he'll let u know how to do it.

G
    The point is that the EF8/9 and EG6 do run 4 mounts. I do remember this being a bone of contention by guys on the 4th gen forums over which are better - both are harsh as they are solid mounts :?

Options are either custom mounts or cut and shut the EG6 doner mounts. But if you are going from a D15 to a B16 surely it's the same situation as the ED and you need the customs? I'd avoid the cut and shut idea as if the EG6 is the same as the EF9, the subframes and engine-bay layout is different to it's Aussie counterpart.

Quote Originally Posted by [G
    ]HA sport make good mounts but only use three..there is no front engine mount well for the ED crxs neways..Im sure if u buy an EG front cut u wont need engine mounts as you can use these. I know beng on these forums dropped a b16a into his EG and im pretty sure he ddint purchase a mount kit..I reckon PM him and he'll let u know how to do it.

G
    Do you know his nick by any chance?

sentanta: Thnx for that, I'm gonna try and get into touch with someone local who has doen the conversion and see what they have to say. Whether or not I will need the custom mounts etc.
    Thnx.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    setanta: yer im using the 3 mounts on my ED no problems..

The mounts from an EG front cut will work fine if the engine is going into another EG. No need for new mounts.

His nick is BENG BEAR..i told him about this thread..hell prolly post

Cheers
    G

Just use the EG6 mounts that u get with the front cut. They will fit fine.
    There are 5 mounts in total..2 x front right, 2 x front left, and 1xrear mount.

Awesome, saves me having to buy the custom ones.
    And also, which engine is the B16A out of? VTIR something????

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    In Australia, its either the Civic VTi-r or CRX
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    3rd-gen CRX (Del Sol) Also the JDM Integra XSi, EF8/EF9/EE8/EE9 JDM and Euro Civics and CRXs and the Del Slow - but the one you want is the 170 bhp unit from the JDM EG6 SiR, not the 160/150bhp varients