Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    '99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by one more chance
    being a honda, you won't have any problems whatsoever sourcing parts.
    that should be the last of your worries...
    You've never owned a Honda import have you? :P Honda Au are not the most helpful at all - it's pretty bad when I have to get my parts from Honda NZ.
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

Quote Originally Posted by Setanta
    You've never owned a Honda import have you? :P Honda Au are not the most helpful at all - it's pretty bad when I have to get my parts from Honda NZ.
    haha......EF SiR are rare as duck's nuts here!!! :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by one more chance
    Quote Originally Posted by CAT_SPEW
    Awesome, I assume both engines are pretty much the same? Which would you opt for and parts would be easily sourced I'm guessing?
    i'd opt for the B16A2 as it has more HP B2=170hp vs B/1= 160HP.
    The A2 has 10.4:1 compression compared to the 10.2:1 of the A/1. The power increase however comes more from the better flowing head and better cams.
    as i mentioned, you will need to upgrade the ecu harness if you opt for the B16A2. Plus also you will need to upgrade the clutch disc as mentioned beforehand. Also, you will need new rear engine mounts for the A2 as well. Besides that.....you shouldn't encountered any problems.
    being a honda, you won't have any problems whatsoever sourcing parts.
    that should be the last of your worries...
    Sweet, thnx for that. That pretty much answered all of my troubled questions
    Any idea of what the upgraded ecu harness, clutch plate, and rear mount? Roughly?

Sweet, thnx for that. That pretty much answered all of my troubled questions
    Any idea of what the upgraded ecu harness, clutch plate, and rear mount? Roughly?

the ECU harness shouldn't be too hard to source. Make sure it's a OBD2 harness, any good car parts importer should be able to get one for you....
    i wont even guess on price, you i wouldn't say itll be expensive.
    the rear mount and clutch disc shouldn't expensive too either, you really should ask importers, theyll fit you up...

Excellent, I'll give a couple of shops a call tommorow, my dad seems to know what your are talking about so thats good :

Thnx for everyones help with this. I'll post again if I get any troubles.
    Thnx.

Excellent, I'll give a couple of shops a call tommorow, my dad seems to know what your are talking about so thats good :

Thnx for everyones help with this. I'll post again if I get any troubles.
    Thnx.
    no worries dude, keep us posted with the progress, if u have any questions, don't hestitate to ask us...

no worries dude, keep us posted with the progress, if u have any questions, don't hestitate to ask us
    Will do man, Thnx again
    Can't wait to start putting it in

Ok, we got a problem. My dad rang up and had a tyalk to a guy at the Honda Wrecking shop and he has alot of experience in this field he said.
    He said that the engine we are talking about may require some serious cutting etc. of the engine bay or someting like that for the engine to fit???
    He also said that my better option would be to put and engine like the 1.6L Injected engine in and then turbo it... But this just opens up more problems and more money.

I said that I would ask you guys and see what you said and if you have ever done this conversion to my type of car and how much cutting etc. you had to do...??
    Remember. It is a 1992 Honda Civic GL EG Hatch. Is there any problems that you might have forgotten to mention, or does this guy not know what he is talking about???
    Thnx.

Ok, we got a problem. My dad rang up and had a tyalk to a guy at the Honda Wrecking shop and he has alot of experience in this field he said.
    He said that the engine we are talking about may require some serious cutting etc. of the engine bay or someting like that for the engine to fit???
    He also said that my better option would be to put and engine like the 1.6L Injected engine in and then turbo it... But this just opens up more problems and more money.
    WTF? What sort of 'experience' does this bloke have?

If you are planning on dropping a B16A (1.6L) into the EG you should have NO problems at all. It's a simple direct drop in. bengbear on this forum has a hybrid setup and he didn't have to chop anything, the engine mounts were even perfect from memory.

This guy is having you on IMO.

Hmm. Are you compltely sure about which model car I have and that it will fit, as some might be slightly different to tohers.
    Did bengbear have a GL civic???

bengbear has an EG Civic, which is what you have right???

It doesn't matter if it is a GL, GLi or VTi, the engine bay is the same size. Don't let some guy fool you into chopping up your engine bay and wasting money on a different engine when a B16A will drop into your EG without any issues.

Yeh he is starting to sound like he's full of $hit. But is their much size difference etc. between the B16A/2 B16A/1 and B16A??