Rolling the Guards

hay guys, at the moment i have my s2, rolling on 19's. and i currently have a set of King Springs that i want to install, the problem being that when i install the springs, my tyres WILL SIT on the guard & also the plastic mudguard inside the guard., so i was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this, if so what was the issue or hardest part of rolling the guards. Also did you do it yourself or get some one to do it for you??? alll info is appreciated
    Last edited by amelia; 03-05-2006 at 03:55 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    onevia
    do a search uleh

i have, and was wanting to know if anyone has done it on their S2k!

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    You don't want to know my opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    E92 M3
    From what I understand, "rolling the guards" will not physically push the guards out. I believe that all it does it push the metal bit under the guard that sits horizontally upwards towards the edge of the guard so that it will give a bit more clearance. You should get a professional to do it because you need to use a heat gun to heat the paint and if you dont know what your doing then you can crack the paint easily.
    2007 BMW M3 Jerez Black/Palladium Silver
    2002 BMW M3 Ruby Black/Black - SOLD
    1999 Honda S2000 NFR/Black - SOLD

Member Array
    Car:
    E92 M3
    also post up some pics of your car in the gallery!
    2007 BMW M3 Jerez Black/Palladium Silver
    2002 BMW M3 Ruby Black/Black - SOLD
    1999 Honda S2000 NFR/Black - SOLD

the king spring super lows arent very low, u should fit the 19's fine under the guards even after lowering it.

+40 offset on the rears i went 3.5" and it was fine.. it was just the fronts that scrub, u would only need to roll your front guards.

Member Array
    Car:
    E92 M3
    Recently on s2ki there was a discussion about swapping the rear CVs from left to right, a bandaid fix to a serious problem, the reason for this was because the drive shafts wear out if you lower the s2k. I was speaking to the particular owner of the car last night and he was saying his cars good for another 2 years or so with the swapped CVs. His car is lowered on King Springs too... and this incident occured after a year of being lowered.

Just a word of caution!