Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EK sedan

pedders suspension gear.

I have been researching a few shocks and springs.

I have found the sports ryder shocks and sports ryder springs from pedder 1100$ not fitted.

How well are these products made?

they will be going on my ek1

will only ever be driven on the street.

i will have 16' wheels on my car.

Wonderong on the build quality of the pedders gear. will they suit my needs?

I dont want to mess around with coilovers and adustable shocks as i wouldnt have a clue what im doing.
    not being a smart ass... but is that what vtec feels like? turning the aircon off?

hmm....many have mixed feelings about pedders and most say they aren't the best of quality. Serisouly, get Koni yellows and king springs. It would cost around $200 more not fitted but the shock quality should be superior x 10. Check out the traders. they sell them.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK sedan
    How do you adjust the koni yellows? do i need to jack up the car everytime?

What if i were to get pedders springs and a set of say koni red's?

I am after hte pedders springs as there 40 - 50mm drop
    not being a smart ass... but is that what vtec feels like? turning the aircon off?

Member Array
    Car:
    ホンダ
    just save a little bit more to get Koni or even Jap one (Tein, Zeal, HKS etc) they are proven to be good stuff and Yes they are a bit more expensive but after u put them on....u will use it everyday and every single turn will give you the feeling of money well spend . Dont settle for the 2nd best.
    地下インポート
    www.undergroundimports.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    EK sedan
    if i were to get pedders springs and a set of koni red's.

Would that be a good setup?

as kings lows and koni yellows seems way to much of a pain to get the right height as i dont have a clue what im doing to set them.

Koni yellows are adjustable in height (spring perch - have to take the sussy out and do it, but how friggin often would u be changing height anyway!?!). Also they are damper adjustable with a twist of a knob on the top of the shock (simple as bat poo).

You can just get the peddrers springs and use the koni yellow shocks. apparently, the yellows arent worth much more than the red and are heaps heaps better (as a trader with personal experience states).

dude, koni yellows and koni reds are basically the same unit (in terms of height adjustment) but different (in terms of damper adjustment).

The springs are interchangalbe between shock brands as well, so get whicher springs u want, but make sure u get a nice shock. Kings low are 40mm to 50 mm as well. and are probaly cheaper. with a set of koni yellows, they should be FINE for street use. In fact, I have so much confidence in saying that, that I have actually ordered a set for myself as well, soon to be delivered (hopefuly)

Member Array
    Car:
    EK sedan
    well does that sound like a better option pedders springs then koni red/yellow shocks.

I wouldnt want to get the yellows set them lower and have it to low or to high still would need to take htem all teh way back out

Member Array
    Car:
    EK sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by SiReal
    dude, koni yellows and koni reds are basically the same unit (in terms of height adjustment) but different (in terms of damper adjustment).

The springs are interchangalbe between shock brands as well, so get whicher springs u want, but make sure u get a nice shock. Kings low are 40mm to 50 mm as well. and are probaly cheaper. with a set of koni yellows, they should be FINE for street use. In fact, I have so much confidence in saying that, that I have actually ordered a set for myself as well, soon to be delivered (hopefuly)

I thoguht king lows are 25 - 30 mm and super lows are 50 - 60mm

If i am not wrong about that..

i will get the pedders springs and koni shocks

I think ur really confused hehe

Springs and Shocks are different items. BUT you need them both for sussy. If u like pedders springs more than the kings brand, then get them instead. THe yellows are not like coilovers where u can adjust with a spanner. They have a spring perch which can be set at normal = stock OR lower = 20mm lower

So there is no need to be messing around with height on the yellows UNLESS you want to lower the car a further 20mm after you have the whole setup installed.

If ur springs provide u with a heiight ur happy with, then leave the shocks alone.

edit: sorry my bad. got confused between king low and superlow.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK sedan
    that is what i was trying to get at how do you adjust the shock.

I think i am going to stick with the pedders springs as there 320$

then get a set of koni shocks.

But can springs not work with some lowerd shocks?

Also any reviews on the pedder sprigns do they sag over time like i have kings do?

Member Array
    Car:
    ホンダ
    one thing i'd like to add is once you put the new sussy on.....they will drop a little bit (1 cm or little bit more) further as the spring settle. So u dont need to be too fussy about the ride height you got in the first time.
    地下インポート
    www.undergroundimports.com.au