Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    looks tidier than my DIY, but i enjoyed doing mine, plus it was free. Each to their own.
    ...... and that's all I have to say about that.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    I found that my car has a funny vibrating noise with the sub playing in the back-right where the bumper is? *shrugs* Do you guys get that?

Anyway upgraded my sub to a P2 the other day, and faced it rearwards now. Sounds heaps better. Also got it retuned a bit to make it a bit louder^^

it could be the number plate?
    just let it play and just try and find the rattles

cool p2 would go good, um did u get the new DVC versions?

yeah probably the number plate. Just stick blutac behind it and it should stop rattling.
    ...... and that's all I have to say about that.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    I don't think I got the new thing.. just whatever was the old model probably because he sold it to me as the difference between the P2 and my P1 from the sale they had back in April.

Here's a pic btw Facing rearwards too!

As for the numberplate... it's already screwed into the car, and I'm pretty sure that's not it. I can definitely trace the sound to being something behind the bumper towards the corner. I was thinking maybe it's the tail light or something being loose? *shrugs* There wasn't a noise before, it's only there now because of my sub- so does that mean it's my problem rather than Honda's obligation to fix it?

Member Array
    Car:
    2008 Hyundai i30 CRDi
    there isn't much in the back right of the car. these pics from my sound dampening project might help you:

my rough guess would be the black box in the middle of the first pic; seems like a water drainage valve or something. your sub might have shaken it loose?

remove the trim around that area like i've done and play the sub loud, should be trivial to find the problem then.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Oh that was the line-out converter. Apparently they used double-sided sticky tape to hold it in, but then it had come off so Lifestyle cable tied it to something because we also thought that might be it... but turns out it still vibrates a bit; but it only happens when the boot lid is shut. If you open the boot lid, you don't hear it much.

Btw did you install the sub into your car yet? I remember you have a very ambitious project!

Member Array
    Car:
    2008 Hyundai i30 CRDi
    glad you found the source of the noise

haven't bought any audio components apart from 3 bulk packs of dynamat xtreme yet. i'm considering a career change which means some loss of income, so i'm keeping spending to an absolute minimum. and when i do get around to it it will probably be a lot more conservative - essentially i'll get the best front splits i can afford and build the rest around that.