Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries

Ozhonda reopened

Hi all,

It's been a busy week for me juggling fulltime work and getting the forums back up and running. However you will be glad to know that no data has been corrupted to date. Just email addresses stolen.

Before we get to the reason the site was down have a look at this thread for information regarding problems with the site and what has/hasn't changed.

The reason I closed down the site was so that we could adress the 'hacking' and also upgrade the forums.

In regards to the comments made on that other site I would like to clearup some things.

1. The moderators corner is there to discuss things out of the view of the public. Comments made there that the mods are bitching about users is absolutely false. That forum is there for moderators to talk about how they do there work and what wasn't mentioned were all the guidelines they have to follow. Most forums have a hidden forum for moderators and we are no exception. Things said there were meant to be in private (just like your PMs) and we will NOT be discussing any of the threads posted on that other site which were taken out of the mods corner.

2. Accusations were made that in regards to traders/advertisers that I do not charge them GST. This is true and it would be illegal to charge them GST as I am not registered for it. I don't have to be. Go look at the ato website and do a bit of research and you'll know that this is true.

3. Racist/slandorous/abusive comments were made about all the moderators and they were also abused via SMS. The person responsible obviously has no consideration for others to tolerate and encourage such behaviour. All he/she has ended up doing is publicising private user details and we have already lodged complaints with the relevant authorities.

4. If you receive SPAM from that site I suggest you first try and block that email address. Or else contact your ISP and report it to them.

EDIT:
    I think the mods on here should also be given some credit due to the hard work they have done and moreso due to the stick they have had to put up with over the last few weeks. I realise the community is created thanks to all you users (never doubted that) but the mods do a LOT of work behind the scenes and deserve a "thank you" as opposed to abuse.

That's it for now but i'll update this thread as we go along
    Last edited by bennjamin; 17-05-2006 at 12:52 PM.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    EF8: i call her EFFY
    wyn what ever you do dont change shit ozhonda was good as it was

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    I think the mods on here should also be given some credit due to the hard work they have done and moreso due to the stick they have had to put up with over the last few weeks. I realise the community is created thanks to all you users (never doubted that) but the mods do a LOT of work behind the scenes and deserve a "thank you" as opposed to abuse.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord CK2
    i agree. nothing should change, moderators have a right 2 have their own threads and forums to discuss wateva they need to discuss, i dun think its any of our business personally which iz why i neva went thru that corrupted site, and secondly i do appreciatte the work that all modz do on this site, and i have no complaints wateva is done is by good decision making .. they put up with most of the shit and we just use your resources..... im glad to see OH iz bak up coz now i ave sumn 2 do. LOL ...

good luk with it all and im hoping we can prevent anythin like this from happening ever again...

cheers, solo

Member Array
    Car:
    2CD and 3DG
    yerrr i third that....who really cares what mods do behind or on the scene....sites still the best honda site on australia....

and yerr im glad to see OH back on too cause everytime i jumped on the net i would type in the OH site and get the same message 'check back later'

hopefully what happened shifted some of the trouble makers out...

cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro
    Horraaaayyy OH is backkkkk
    die OHsux die!!
    great job for admins to do all their work to keep this site up and running again
    as others have said, there is nothing that needs to be changed from OH .. except for the things that I have addressed to Trav.
    good luck and all the best for OH
    everyone, please give them applause

Banned Array
    Car:
    Suabaru > Honda
    great work wynode....im sure everyone on ozhonda appreciates all the hard work u put into this site and the hard work u put into getting the site back up and running ! WELCOME BACK OZHONDA !!! WHOOOHOOOOO

and....3 cheers for wynode ! hip hip hooooray

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    I'm really happy that this site is back up for not only it's members, but for Wynode in particular!!
    Great work mate in bringing this site back up!
    The events of the past couple weeks will only strengthen the site, and allow it to grow even more!

down with ozhonda!!!!

www.austeg.com

On real note glad its back up for those that spamm ozhonda. I know i use to love spamming here lOL

I am so damn stoked that this site is back up and going. I finally have something semi-constructive and time consuming to do in my free time.

Now, for anyone who was actually cut that a mod may have 'abused' them in the private forum, which as wyn said is not going to be open for discussion, should get over it. Its the nature of life that not everyone will like you all the time. In fact I bet at some point each of us has had a FRIEND say at least one bad thing about each of us, so if you're cut,. i suggest you build a bridge and STFU.

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro
    i bet no one in this world bitch talked someone else, either your friend or whoever. mod section is there for them to talk about things regarding the site. if you dont like it, screw ur self and get lost.

OMG finally... i missed ozhonda... seriously... that other site really bugged me. =)