Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Improvement to for sale section.

Here is a suggestion

Stop letting people bump up their items for sale over and over and over and over and over and over.

I dont need to see the same cars and 'bits' for sale for 5 months because the owners do not want to price items appropriately to sell.

Lots of other forums have prohibited bumping unless there is a price change or extra relevant information.

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    ホンダ
    but i think is good bcos i m lazy to search.....

Member Array
    Car:
    EK Hatch
    better than making new threads to sell the same item dont u think?

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    We'll take your suggestion under consideration

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda
    I think Mods should check the thread on for sale section.If no one interested for amount of time just delete it avoid seller keeping bumping!

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    IMO, bumping a thread indicates that the seller is serious about wanting to sell his/hers item(s), as well as an indicator as to whether the sale is still on or not.
    If ppl weren't allowed to bump their thread up, it'll just be pushed to the back where it's deemed inactive, thus being deleted.
    I feel that this will just frustrate even more users.
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda
    You have your point Q_ball. IMO, ozhonda is just a platform for member selling the stuff in for sale section ..however, if no one interested he/she should try to advertise somewhere else not just keep bumping threads.

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    You cannot assume that ppl arent interested in a particular FS thread as some members, do take several days to log in and browse the forums.
    Even if they do log in and perform some browsing, sometimes these members will miss a certain FS thread.
    Bumping a thread allows for more coverage over the user population, thus gives the seller a better chance at selling their item.
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Member Array
    Car:
    going merry
    Sometimes it takes people a while to need something someone else is selling. Things towards the end of for sale section tends to be overlooked as not everyone is willing to go that far. Take bumping as a TV advertisement.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    On some occasions (different forums) i've noticed threads getting bumped and items which take months to get sold, not because they're overpricing but because it doesn't suit other people's applications.

Two case which i remember were some audio equiptment, the items were posted for less than a third of the new price (FS price was still around 800-1000). The gear was very high quality and the price was dirt cheap... but it took a while to sell simply because it didn't suit people's needs or they didn't have enough money.

In those 2 cases, the sale price was definitely not over-priced considering it's actually less than a third of the retail. If those seller's were to reduce the price even more, they'd pretty much me giving away those items.

Lets put it into perspective, Let's say i have a perfectly good condition civic sedan market value is around 12k. I sell it for 6k but no one is interested in a auto civic sedan. So Would that mean i'm not allowed to bump the thread unless i reduce the price even further? (example is a little bit exaggerated... lol)

Personally i think bumping of FS threads is good, recently i purchased a 2nd hand sub for $250 (Boston Acoutics, including box). Ths sub retailed for 500 when new and that's without a box, I didn't see that thread since it was pushed back because of other FS threads. I went out and purchased a entry level sub (pioneer, with box) for 250, a couple weeks later the FS thread was bumped and I went and got the boston sub. Now if that thread was bumped earlier i would've gotten the boston and not bothered with the pioneer sub, which would've saved me 250 bux!!!

So i'm all for bumping of threads. Sometimes prices are a little on the high side as the seller might've including a margin for negotiation. Just throw out a figure and you never know, the boston sub i got was actually put up for 300, i just through out a figure and was lucky.

Member Array
    Car:
    RD7
    Quote Originally Posted by kongfu
    You have your point Q_ball. IMO, ozhonda is just a platform for member selling the stuff in for sale section ..however, if no one interested he/she should try to advertise somewhere else not just keep bumping threads.
    i once posted up something for sale about 6 months ago..
    after excessive bumping, i finally sold it a few weeks ago..

so bumping does work

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    We allow 1 bump/day to be fair to all sellers anyways.