Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Mitsubishi Colt TME
    Quote Originally Posted by chartinael
    well, if we take the vin apart

jhm (JHM=japan made, 1HG= USA, 2HG= CA, SHH= UK)
    ek1 (chassis code = Ek1)
    5 (1= Coupe/5/MT, 2=Coupe4/AT/CVT3= Hatch/5/MT, 4= Hatch/4/AT, 5=Sedan/5 gears/manual transmission; 6=Sedan, 4 gears, AT)
    5 (vehicle grade ... unfamiliar with AU vehicle grades in general however: 5 w/ ABS and AC or only ABS)
    0 (check digit)
    0 (model year ... T=96, V=97, W=98, X=99, Y=00) but the very early models of a new series get a 0 so this could be a 95 build ... I have a 0 and mine is a 96 model build in 95)
    S (plant S=Suzuka, H=Alliston, CA, L= East Libert, USA)

Maybe it helps when you keep on looking.

So to me this looks like the sedan is a prefacelift with an engine swap and a facelift conversion.
    Good stuff, backs up my previous VIN claim.

Well, yes, I didn't want to dispute your VIN claim at all just add a bit more info ...

Also, there are a bunch more tell-tales to see if a facelift really is a facelift but since he has already decided to not get the car, no need to tell him all the iddy-biddy things to look for.

kristin

stay away from the car. As the guys said, u don't wanna be stopped by police every now. Being blacklisted by police is the last thing a car owner would want (learnt from NFS:Most Wanted )
    Shop around

Quote Originally Posted by civicCXI
    stay away from the car. As the guys said, u don't wanna be stopped by police every now. Being blacklisted by police is the last thing a car owner would want (learnt from NFS:Most Wanted )
    Shop around

yeh, plus it'll be more hassle for me because i only have an automatic license. i was planning to purchase the car and drive it a bit more to boost up my confidence b4 i go and get the manual licence. since the car stand out to cops, i dont think its a very good idea to purchase it. But if i have a manual license alredy, i dont think i would be scared if i were to stop by cops, just get annoyed.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2
    i got a 98 civic VTi-R (EK4), in the monaro blue colour, pm me if your interested.

thanks
    kerim