Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    So sad reading this thread because I setup this site so that we can all share information and help each other out. By making a mess of what we have worked so hard to create you are just playing into the hands of the hacker.

The moderators' corner is going to be private and remain that way. Making it 'read only' is just going to complicate things even more. Moderators moderating users and users modertating moderators is just not going to work.

The moderators corner is there to discuss moderting and sure, we do talk about users. But don't for one second think that all we do is make threads to just bitch about other users. We're here to make this a better place for EVERYONE. It really is the 5% of people that ruin it for the other 95%. The site is free to join so if you don't like it you really don't have to stay here. That is entirely up to you.

Like someone said earlier in this thread, ProECU is a leader in his field.....why isn't anyone trying to make him stay apart of this community??? Doesn't anyone see the value of his knowledge??
    We do see the value of his knowledge however this doesn't mean he can just say/do anything he wants. You only have to look at the fact that the major tuners on this board are fighting with each other to realise that if they can't control themselves then what do other users have to loook forward to?

As for your question Evan I don't know what would make you happy in regards to the comments made in the moderators corner, however making it read only is not an option.

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    BTW dxs, the moderators aren't chosen based on a 'popularity' contest or people who are friends with the moderators. In fact I do my best to ensure that this isn't the case. Or else peolpe like tubby, |N|, Qball and all the many people I've met via Ozhonda would be moderators.

I've posted up how moderators are chosen so might want to do a search on that. I only met most of the moderators AFTER they became mods.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Accord Vti-S
    Ben mate, dont be disheartened ok.

U cant please everyone, no matter wat you do, its just a fact of life. Im not gonna repeat wat everyone else has said. I think it can be pretty much summed up as, if u dont like this place, then just go, no point bitching & moaning in an immature manner, coz no one will really take u serious, and ur just makin an ass of yourself. If u want to seriously "make a difference" or wateva, im sure ur quite capable of creating a more mature thread.

Keep up the good work Wyn & ALL Mods on OH, dont let the minority dishearten u.

Cheers,
    Calvin

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2R
    I'm glad to see some open discussion on the issues.

I personally don't believe ozhonda had a "security" issue. No site has perfect security, Something had to happen to make someone as angry as that.

I don't condone the actions of the hackers of course, but if all that came out of this was upgraded forum software, and no changes to moderators and/or their procedures, then I (along with some other Honda owners I know) will continue to frequent other motoring sites and only visit this one occasionally.

- Andrew

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andys
    I'm glad to see some open discussion on the issues.

I personally don't believe ozhonda had a "security" issue. No site has perfect security, Something had to happen to make someone as angry as that.

I don't condone the actions of the hackers of course, but if all that came out of this was upgraded forum software, and no changes to moderators and/or their procedures, then I (along with some other Honda owners I know) will continue to frequent other motoring sites and only visit this one occasionally.

- Andrew
    Thanks for the comments.

The thing is regardless of how nice we are there will always be a minority that isn't happy. But we do our best.

In regards to the security upgrading the forum was the first thing along with removing any other 'hacks' that could be security vulnerabilities. At the time I didn't know the extent of the 'hacking' and how the hacker got access to all the information. Now I do and have taken steps to reduce the chance of it happening again.

Trust me there will always be people angry. There have been people angry about things long before the membere base grew this large and issues were brought up.

In regards to the changes to be made, moderator access has been severely cut down in regards to who can ban users.

If I didn't work full time things would have been sorted out a lot quicker. But i'm also in the process of training up other mods to take over when i'm not online.

As said, new registrations have been disabled so we can focus more on making this a better place and I just hope other users don't think that moderators talk behind members backs in the moderators forum. That is not why it is there. It is there to discuss moderating and for mods to follow guidelines.

I hope that clears up any questions you might have. If anyone has more questions feel free to post them up.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    I think the mods are doing a decent job, so keep up the good work boys. Like it or not things need to be this way. It's fairly plain and simple to work out what this forum would be like if mods weren't doin there job. Ozhonda would turn out like ozhondasux. And now that was some gay shit.
    |=TeamPOV=|=JDMYard=|=EK Squad=|=101 MotorCafe Performance Tuning=|

EK Koni Yellows + King Spring Combo for Sale

Damn man, let Ozhonda be, I love it the way it is, whatever the Admins and Mods do, its their business, they're doing the best they can and we as members should support them not poke them here and there, show some love ppl, love for OH lol
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter