Member Array
    Car:
    Integra

Clutch master cylinder leak?

Hey guys i just noticed today they my clutch felt different, it feels a lot softer now. So i checked the FAQ about clutch on this site and the fluid level was low in the clutch resevior. So i topped it up. Then i noticed that there is a leak at the clutch master cylinder near the pedal is this a common problem?

After changing bleeding the system it feels a bit better but not 100%. I dont notice any slipping of the clutch in gears or any difficulty changing gears. Its just that the pedal feels softer when disengaging (pressing down) the clutch. Will changing the master cylinder fix this?

ROKAGESAMA Array
    Car:
    2009 Lexus ISF
    it could be your clutch slave cylinder too

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    would there be any visible signs around the slave cylinder of leak? because i cant see anythign around that.

Member Array
    Car:
    95 BB Prelude
    check the flexible line as well, they sometimes bulge, might be worth investing in a braided one for peace of mind.

Im replacing both Master and Slave ones plus the flex-line before i install my engine once its all in, shouldn;t have to worry for some time then.

Member Array
    Car:
    LS INTEGRA
    Quote Originally Posted by dudeling7
    would there be any visible signs around the slave cylinder of leak? because i cant see anythign around that.

Pull the rubber boot back on the slave and if there is any fluid in the boot then you know that the seals are leaking

Member Array
    just tilt ur head down and see if theres any leaks under your clutch pedal, sometimes it dirties up your interior carpet as well. if so, its your clutch master, which will cost about $200 to replace + labour. cheers.

s 2 0 0 0 .. Array
    Car:
    JDM70Y
    if there is a leak your carpets gonna look ugly.. pop by the mechs and get it dont for 200 it isnt that bad..

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    master clutch cylinder's seals are stuffed if you already bleed it without fixing it.

You need a matster clutch rebuild kit. I'm sure one of the traders can help you. Hanny's performance did my friends
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG4 B16A
    i bought my master cylinder from honda for $93.
    labour was $20 for a mechanic to come 2 my house.... friend of a friend.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5
    sounds like a problem that i had in my old ITR
    its probably the seal kit in the master cylinder that has deteriorated due to after market brake fluid used for the clutch hydraulics.
    apparently the composition of non honda fluids will do this to the rubber seals

so my advice go get the seal kit replaced, i got mine done for $120 at hanny's. not long to do and yeah look for leaks near the clutch, could be messy since u refilled it!