Thread: EK owners Help!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic EK1

EK owners Help!

I have just purchased a SRI and was in the process of taking the old panel filter box out when i came across the shit U bend plastic pipe. I undone 1 screw, then pulled, pushed and twisted, but the fu*ker wouldnt come out!

Does anyone know an easy way of getting it out? ( i thought about cutting it but there isnt enough room to get in there)

Just one more question when i was having a look at the standard panel filter box there are 2 things going into it, 1 rod like thing, and 1 clip thing. (sorry about the lack of detail) I hope someone knows what im talking about, i gather 1 of them goes to the map sensor, but i could be wrong. Anyway when i had a look of a picture of the SRI that is currently on its way, there is only 1 hole for it.

Sorry if it makes no sense.

Hope someone can help

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EF9 SiR
    take of your front bar to expose the resonator, that U pipe connects to this resonator, the resonator attaches to the chassis. Unbolt the rsonator from the chassis and gentle ease it out.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic EK1
    Can anyone help with the SRI???????????

Member Array
    Car:
    EK VTi-R
    yeh what kyle said, take off ur front bumper
    4 bolts to take off ur resonator i think..

Member Array
    Car:
    96 Civic Coupe & 01 200sx
    yeah it's pretty hard to get it out, theyve secured it a few places- i think there is even a diy somewhere haha

Its an SRI, there should not be a need to take the front bumper off. the SRI sits inside the engine bay. The only time you want to take the front bumper off is for a CAI, which is when u have to take the resonator out. FOR an Accord anyway. hehe...

BUT to take teh front bumper off, there are clips and screws. There should be screws on the wheel fender and under the car. Clips under the car and on the grill. So undo all of them, then you have to assertively yank the bumper off cos it may be stuck on by some kind of wedge. For the frist timer, give it 30mins. then everytime after, aroudn 10 mins

Member Array
    Car:
    EK Hatch
    u shouldnt need to take out the resonator to put in a SRI as sireal said