Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    NEED DC2

Exhaust for my dc2

I have searched and read through most of the threads on exhausts for integra's, but none of them offer any help to me...
    I am in the search of a full exhaust system for my vtir dc2, my only mod is CAI and want a nice exhaust set-up to complement...im not big on sound so i want to keep it quiet below 3.5 revs, after that i dont care how loud it is.
    i am looking at 2.25 system and have heard a lot about the x'force so i am leaning more towards it with a price of $1250 installed (4-2-1 headers, cat, cannon, all stainless mandrel bent) which is in my range, it seems good. BUT, i dont want this to attract police attention and am a lil scared of those yellow stickers because i rely on my car daily.
    My question is can anyone let me know what they think i should do, for around $1200 or cheaper what would be the best system for my needs??? 2.25, or 2.5??? remembering i dont want it to be excesively loud to keep me free from the epa, but i want as much gain possible.....
    How loud will the xforce system be with and without the silencer??? the twin loops are ugly, but if needed i may have to consider...tell me what you think, please help as much as you can
    Thanks
    Last edited by TECDUP; 15-05-2006 at 01:38 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    NEED DC2
    Can anyone help??? what would be the best set-up for my car and my needs...what system do you have on your car, tell me if its not too loud, as i said i dont want to much attention from the police

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    tanabe is not very loud at all, though the muffler design on the hyper medallion can get a little boring for most people...

i say get a custom cat back with larger resonator

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ek4
    hi, i got jdm 4 -1 header, vision cat, fujisubo power gater cat-back.
    mine is not loud. only vision cat is little nosisy...
    coast me just over $ 2000.
    or vision cat back comes with silencer...
    my personal idea is no x-force.
    also you need spend more money to get right sound.
    good luck !!!

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Take what alot of people say on here with a grain of salt.

On our Honda's, ANY Canon style muffler (regardless of brand) with a single resonator, no matter how big the resonator is, will be ****en loud. Obviously loud is a logarithmic term, but from your post you seem to want what I wanted a 6 months ago so I can only comment from experienced, as opposed to many here who can only comment from no-experience, no-knowledge, brand whoring and the unequivocal transvercent use of the acronym JDM.

I went with a 2.25" inlet 4.5" outlet canon with a single large (very large actually) resonator. It sounds really, really good. BUT it is overwhelming loud inside the cabin at 2500-3500rpm. If this is to much for you, the only option you have is Twin-loop with single resonator. Above 4400 though, the car is absolutely mental, which is the reason the catback is still on my car.

You can try running 2 resonators into canon, but even then, when you step on it and the engine is under back pressue and under it's power band, it will still be loud. And from my guess, to loud for you.

In short, large resonator + twin loop is what you want. Save your money on the cat back by going X-Force, and spend big on the headers.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by shebangs
    Take what alot of people say on here with a grain of salt.
    does this apply to you as well

Member Array
    Car:
    gogomobile
    Pipe diameter really depends on how much power you want to end up getting out of the system,

If you want to get anything over 200hp at the wheels your better off with a 2.5 but up untill the 200 mark ur fine with a 2.25inch pipe.

Best option would be to pick up a DC2R exhaust and remove the bottlenecks.

Member Array
    Car:
    NEED DC2
    thanks guys this is all good help
    i may have to consider the twin loop just to keep the sound down, but they are f***n ugly things. does anyone have some pics of them on there cars? is there anyway you can hide the loop or do something???
    i heard the oval mufflers are quiet aswell, but by how much??? i want louder than standard but at low revs i dont want anything deep and ear deafening

im thinking of getting the x'force high flow cat and maybe the twin loop, but what kind of headers would be good? also could you give a rough price for headers keeping in mind i want to keep within my budget - $1200

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 B18c
    1200 hey. just buy an awsome header and keep ur exhaust stock!!!!!

i wish i had kept my stock and i didnt feel any gain from it, it actualy felt slower!!!!
    But on the other hand i felt a big difference with the header.

1200 will get u realy close to a TODA header, which will be better than the whole Xforce pack!!!!!

and itll be quite as
    Nissan S15: 12.6@113mph
    Integra GSi: 15.1@91mph
    Civic B18c N/A : 14.1@98mph
    CRX B18c N/A : 13.9@101mph

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 + EK
    Save your money and as locote said, get toda headers....and when you get a bit more cash a fujitsubo RM01A and hugher flow cat.....it will still be close to street legal if not and give you an easy 10kw at the wheels over the x-force if not more..

s tune Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 sold :(
    Quote Originally Posted by TECDUP
    thanks guys this is all good help
    i may have to consider the twin loop just to keep the sound down, but they are f***n ugly things. does anyone have some pics of them on there cars? is there anyway you can hide the loop or do something???
    i heard the oval mufflers are quiet aswell, but by how much??? i want louder than standard but at low revs i dont want anything deep and ear deafening

im thinking of getting the x'force high flow cat and maybe the twin loop, but what kind of headers would be good? also could you give a rough price for headers keeping in mind i want to keep within my budget - $1200
    Twin loop is definitely not your only option, Spoon street silencer muffler is great. Link this file for video http://media.putfile.com/Spoon-Street-Muffler
    Last edited by T-onedc2; 15-05-2006 at 09:49 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Twisted
    I had the toda au x force package consisting of 4-2-1 header, x-force cat, 2.25" mandrel bent cat back ending in a x force twin loop. It was VERY quiet and still performed, ran a 14.8 at wsid.