any diff betwn b20 and b20b

im just wonderin if theres a difference betwen teh b20 and b20b and are any of them v-tec?

Member Array
    Car:
    135i & CBR
    if yor reffering to the early prelude one and the crv one then yes there are differences.. and none of them are vtec standard... but can do a coversion with a vtec head eg. a b16 or b18c head... but only on the later crv b20b block i believe...

Member Array
    Car:
    Golf GTI
    Quote Originally Posted by civ_sik
    if yor reffering to the early prelude one and the crv one then yes there are differences.. and none of them are vtec standard... but can do a coversion with a vtec head eg. a b16 or b18c head... but only on the later crv b20b block i believe...
    correct, there is also a b20z, which i believe is much the same as the b20b from the crv. Tinkerbell will be able to confirm this for us, he is the local b20 guru/ god around here

how much would a vtec conversion cost? n would it do much towards power?

Member Array
    Car:
    Eva
    if you already have the base the crvtec should cost you about 4-5k. It does quite well for power, most people averaging about 200hp at the fly. But why do it to a crv?

hmm just small mods.. but i guess 4 - 5 is abit too much.. im only 17.. LOL
    wanna turn it into a cruiser. so yeh.. i tihnk its about 149bhp at engine thought..

Member Array
    Car:
    Golf GTI
    PM tinkerbell about b20vtec conversion, he has one in his integra.