Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    honda crx

help need for b18c turbo

hi peeps

any one can help me please

iv just turboed my ef8 honda crx,mods done to the car ,18c vtec block,b16a head,custome intake plemun,440c inject,bigger rail,fuel reg,38 tial external wastegate,600*300 ic,greddy bov,custum manifold,2.5 exhuast,runing vafc at the moment,wall bro fuel pump,

want to run stock internals at the moment,but thinkin of getting a thicker head gasket like a hks 3mil,youy guys reckon this would help stop my motor from blowing up.

would chipping my ecu be safe to run 8-9 psi

cheers guys

Andy

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by lowcrx1
    ...want to run stock internals at the moment,but thinkin of getting a thicker head gasket like a hks 3mil, you guys reckon this would help stop my motor from blowing up...
    LOL!!! No, all it will do is change the compression ratio and be thicker. Having the stronger internals won't guarantee it either but they are harder to break. The thicker head gaskets are supposed to be stronger but we have found that some makes can actually be weaker. More material that can fail is what it is. It's not the gaskets that fail because they aren't big enough it's the fact that the user puts too much boost in to it. Also other things like cooling, oil, fuel, timing and just the general tuning aren't correct and that helps the motor fail. I would run close to stock sizes on the gasket and maybe look in to a block guard, like a ring that goes around the cylinders. Not the best thing but it will help until you can afford to sleeve it. I wouldn’t run high boost, 15psi+, until you do some work on the internals. With the guard you might be able to get to 15 psi but I wouldn’t go too far over that. Then make sure you get a good tuner to work on the tuning. Should be good for a little while!

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    leave the headgasket as is, and get some real engine management.

the vafc is what is going to blow your engine, nothing else

Member Array
    Ya the VAFC is a very poor mans EMS!! It really suxs! But more things can be just as bad, but most of all the tuning! If I were you I would SAVE and get what you really need. A good kit, Hondata or AEM EMS, and build the motor a little bit. Should be at most like 5-6kAUD. I don't know what a good dyno tune costs down there so I didn't include that! Someone else asked me about this so if it wasn't you pm me and I'll tell you what the actual cost would/should be.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    honda crx
    hi guys thank you for replying

ill take ya words for not up grading the head gasket and save up for a ecu would apexi power fc do for the car,i was told to usea power fc what max power can i get a td05 turbo and power fc with stock internal

cheers

andy

Member Array
    Car:
    VW MKV R32
    post some pics up too!!!

(sorry to hijack)

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    honda crx
    would post pics if i knew how to but dont know,

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    checkout the appearance section i am sure there is a sticky there on howto
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    a td05(I assume you're looking at the greddy kits/turbo?) is a VERY small turbo for a b18c... I'd look to something a bit bigger personally.

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    Quote Originally Posted by saxman
    a td05(I assume you're looking at the greddy kits/turbo?) is a VERY small turbo for a b18c... I'd look to something a bit bigger personally.
    from the sounds of it he has already installed it?
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 B18c
    Get a motec mate
    Nissan S15: 12.6@113mph
    Integra GSi: 15.1@91mph
    Civic B18c N/A : 14.1@98mph
    CRX B18c N/A : 13.9@101mph

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    Quote Originally Posted by panda[cRx]
    from the sounds of it he has already installed it?
    so is the vafc... doesn't mean they should stay