Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Supercharger

but with a turbo there is more work like you need a turbo manafould and dump pipe.....where as a SC it bolts in easyer....and i think they are more responseve then a turbo...i have always had turbo cars.

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    Quote Originally Posted by 00UCH
    but with a turbo there is more work like you need a turbo manafould and dump pipe.....where as a SC it bolts in easyer....and i think they are more responseve then a turbo...i have always had turbo cars.
    ever pulled off the intake manifold? certainly not easier than installing a turbo... quite a bit harder imo

I no a guy thats done 2 SC and he said there heaps easyer then a turbo..it take like 30-60mins to do a SC.

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    give me access to a lift, air tools, and a complete bolt in kit, and I could do a turbo in 30-60 minutes

we just need a the SC and pipein and shit NO LIFT NO AIR TOOLS...and it will be done in 30-60 minutes....So there for a SC is easyer. IMO

i always wanted a s/c because it is easier (from the outside) to pass by without being noticed by the cops.

whereas when i think of gong turbo and putting a FMIC (i love the look of it) i'd be paranoid that any cop that drives past will see its a boosted honda and sticker me cos they feel like it.

Member Array
    I am willing to bet no kit, even a bolt on kit (turbo or s/c) will be done in 30-60 min. I would put $100USD on it!

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    Quote Originally Posted by ATTS98
    i always wanted a s/c because it is easier (from the outside) to pass by without being noticed by the cops.

whereas when i think of gong turbo and putting a FMIC (i love the look of it) i'd be paranoid that any cop that drives past will see its a boosted honda and sticker me cos they feel like it.
    a little black paint, and that intercooler looks like a radiator and is completely unnoticable

also, any supercharger set up even remotely worth while will have some sort of intercooler.

Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    I am willing to bet no kit, even a bolt on kit (turbo or s/c) will be done in 30-60 min. I would put $100USD on it!
    when i enhd up SC my car ill time it and see how long it takes.

Member Array
    when i enhd up SC my car ill time it and see how long it takes.
    Do an unedited video for proof and will make a great DIY post!

Member Array
    Car:
    EK VTiR
    I no a guy thats done 2 SC and he said there heaps easyer then a turbo..it take like 30-60mins to do a SC.
    I thought that post was brilliant!!! Granted, mounting a Vortech blower on a honda would prob. take no more than an hour... Experienced workshops would take around 4-6 hours to do a complete honda kit (fuelling, piggyback, testing etc).

As far as the B16 goes, choosing a supercharger kit is fairly simple.

If you want low down power and torque under 4000rpm, go the Eaton kit by Jackson Racing. The only downside is it runs out of puff at the top end of the rev range due to using an M62 supercharger.

If you want top end power 5000rpm and up, go the Vortech kit. Sure, you have to keep the car on song to make power, but how often is your civic under 4000rpm during some spirited driving?? Power is easy to control, as the more you rev, the more boost is produced.

The powerdyne unit although silent (uses internal belt), is a bit bigger than the vortech unit, and may be a bit peaky for use on a 1.6L.

The only problem i have seen with most turbo kits is they require removing the air-con condenser (generally big hp kits). Other than that, a turbo kit be a good option.

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    there's no need to remove the a/c with a turbo set up... there are always ways around it... just depends on what manifold you use, etc... if you want to keep it, you can

with a jrsc, you're really limited by the thermal efficiency of the unit. It's bad enough as is, but if you ever decide you want more boost, you're extremely limited by the lack of an intercooler. Very very very bad.

With the vortec, you have something that behaves sorta like a turbo in that you don't have instant boost. Unfortunately, you have horrible lag(as it isn't until redline that full boost is achieved), and the torque they produce is pathetic.