Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    nice niec
    we should meet up someday ...
    after i repair my clutch...

Member Array
    Car:
    E92 M3
    damn im in melb...oh well i should be driving upto sydney sometime before the years ended!
    2007 BMW M3 Jerez Black/Palladium Silver
    2002 BMW M3 Ruby Black/Black - SOLD
    1999 Honda S2000 NFR/Black - SOLD

Member Array
    Car:
    00 S2000 09 Audi S3
    Yeah should meet up,

ROLLED I have an Indonesian friend who has recently moved down to Melbourne, and guess what he has a 2000 NFR S2k too.

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    Take the chit-chat to PMs please.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K yO!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari
    Its very noticeable, when u downshift, or let off the gas, it makes a vibrating buzz sound, sounds similar to a race car, its kinda raw. Some times its embarrassing with a passenger, as its quite noisy.Thing is most dont actually acknowledge its presence they just think its what the car does, the previous owner didnt even notice it, and he was the only owner from the dealer.

The buzz is caused from the weak clutch springs fitted, they vibrate, so its a metal on metal vibration sound you are hearing.

Either way, Im leaving it for now, as it aint cheap to replace and its got plenty of life yet.

Hey guys, just recently brought my s2k and have notice that i have this problem aswell, is this a common problem for s2ks? what can i do to fix the problem?

cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    E92 M3
    it is common for early model s2ks, the main fix was to have the clutch replaced under warranty. Not sure if there's a cheaper alternative though.

Member Array
    Car:
    E92 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by [JNS 012]
    hi, i currently drive a s2k it has 120000 on the clock 99 model,
    when i start off on first gear at a stop, it just bunny hops like craZy..
    and when i gib it more throttle it goes worse.. until i push in my clutch and try it again... do u guy know wat the problem is...
    and also
    when i hab low fuel like 2 bars on the dash, it jerks in second,, like the car feels soo heavy...

do u guys know wat the problem is
    the mechanic had a look at it and he said that it was the intank fuel filter, and damaged clutch + pressure plate.

soo can u guys help me out here man...

btw, did our tips help you here? or was it another issue you had with the clutch?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K yO!
    Quote Originally Posted by ROLLED
    it is common for early model s2ks, the main fix was to have the clutch replaced under warranty. Not sure if there's a cheaper alternative though.
    Does this problem cause a lil tapping/vibration on the clutch when decelerating?

Member Array
    Car:
    00 S2000 09 Audi S3
    To fix the problem, you would have to get the updated clutch, which supposedly is redesigned with stronger springs. I have heard that the sound can come back yet, so best replace it only when your clutch has gone. Whne mine does I will probably go with a TODA clutch and lightweight
    flywheel.

BTW it isnt covered by warranty, unless your car does have the extended warranty/ and or is still under warranty. Be interesting to see if they dont give you any hassles, as the clutch is a deteriorating part, its hard to get Honda to pay for a new one, and to prove it is faulty and not due to how its been driven.

Member Array
    Car:
    E92 M3
    Well to let you guys know, I got my car from a Honda dealer and they checked the clutch for me and admitted to early s2000s having a clutch buzz issue, I dont think it would be an issue if your still under warranty.

Member Array
    Car:
    00 S2000 09 Audi S3
    Ye problem is, are there any 99-01 still under factory warranty?

I have a 3rd party warranty on my car, but the cover does not include items like the clutch, only the pressure plate, as its a wear and tear item.

Member Array
    Car:
    E92 M3
    hmm wouldn't say so haha...I'm sure it's not that bad if your previous owner had it for so long but didn't change it! But then again your car has 30,000kms right?

anyways, like you said mate, just wait till the clutch wears out and replace it! hehe