Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Type-S

im so goddam curious , what the type S is able to run stock on the quarter mile...

its a mystery that nobody knows ...

Member Array
    i posted before in appereance section ...

Member Array

BTW its mounted in eg civic

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 323I, 2003 320ci
    man thats just an engine

i thought u had an actual prelude type S

an actual prelude type S theres only a couple in oz

engine wise maybe more

Member Array
    Car:
    98 VTi-R Prelude
    yeah we all woulda tought u had the car...not the engine!!!
    there would be a few engines in aus for sure, theyre much easier to organise than full cars....ooooh im spewin now!

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 323I, 2003 320ci
    heaps disappointed

cause even in japan they're quite rare

i was interested to see what their seats were like and if they have GPS SATNAV and stuff

Member Array
    oopzy my bad guys .. sorry to dissapoint u all

Member Array
    Car:
    98 VTi-R Prelude
    u still have a hot engine none the less! lol

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8
    Just curious how much that engine (or was it a half cut?) set you back? I'm looking into h22a for a CRX swap and I'm trying to compare the cost to benefit ratio of either rebuilding a h22a (with new pistons and cams) or keeping a stock type S.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Prelude Type-S
    Quote Originally Posted by chicken8
    heaps disappointed

cause even in japan they're quite rare

i was interested to see what their seats were like and if they have GPS SATNAV and stuff
    I got one. one benefit of living in the land of the sheep worriers is jap imports. oh and theres dozens of them here.

98 facelift model, with mugen extractors, zorst and suspension. its running not the greatest on our sh1t 98 ron fuel here but still went pretty good at the last trackday i went to.

mine didnt have the sat nav tho i have seen them with the factory unit with the aircon etc controls built in. seats are leather outside with the middle bit in a suede looking material.

at work at the moment so no pics but if someone wants them i could upload at some stage. pm me and i'll fish em out.

just clicked i can attach the onboard wmv to google video check here: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...14065079720287

first hack at this track so next time should be easier and i should gain some more speed with unboiled brakes next time (i cooked them on the earlier session

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Prelude Type-S
    Quote Originally Posted by preludacris
    im so goddam curious , what the type S is able to run stock on the quarter mile...

its a mystery that nobody knows ...
    i can guess

by the seat of the pants between 14 and 15 seconds. i could at some stage plug the first gen gtec in and give you a wildly inaccurate 12 or so.

on the back straight in that video i was hitting 160 with a good run on and big balls for braking. my mates gtr was pulling 180-200 and thats got an estimated 650hp and is now just into the 12's and he was pussying it around the corners, mostly playing with the air/fuel ratio