Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer

I want to rice my Civic06

It's true. I'm a ricer at heart. I can't do performance modifications because I'm a P plater and I'm scared of voiding my 5 year warranty on the Civic VTi-L.

So what should I do?

I'm thinking of getting a body kit installed- but then I'm concerned I might scrape it since I seem to scrape the front bumper when I drive around in say West Penno (there are a few areas with big edges ><) and even today in Castle Mall when I was parked behind The Games Wizards and had to drive down the hill back onto the road- it explains why the only ppl game to park in the lot were 4WDs!

I am planning to change the tail lights but so far haven't seen any nice ones yet for the 06 Civic.

I tried changing the front light bulbs but the guy from the auto shop in Hornsby Westfield said it's pretty hard to access the light bulb area on my car and isn't really worth the trouble (yet)- but I might consider it later when I'm not in such a rush.

Also wish I could change exhaust to sound a bit better (I already said I was a ricer!) but... I don't wanna do anything which'll void the new car warranty- esp since it's still <3mths old.

Any recommendations guys?

I live in Sydney in the Hills District, anywhere closer rather than further is also a good place. Bear in mind I don't know much about cars so I wouldn't know how to install the body kit or anything on my own and will likely be getting others to do it.

Cheers.
    PS. It's an automatic so I don't even think I'll change the gearshift.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Btw I'm aware of this thread- http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41413

... it's a good read.

But in case anyone says I'm asking a double-question, this thread is more specifically (maybe not so obvious)- what's available for the Civic 06?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK sedan
    why not find some nice rims. lower it a bout 30mm.

then focus on stereo.

then you will have a nice looking ride with beats to go with it.
    not being a smart ass... but is that what vtec feels like? turning the aircon off?

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    I was thinking Rims but I already have Alloy Wheels... not quite sure on the relationship between Rims and Alloy Wheels; but will they just 'go on top' of them?

As for stereo... integrated dash greatly limits deck options; but I added in a 4ch amp with a sub- the reason it's a 4ch is so that end of year I can use the other 2 channels to add in a pair of good speakers. I figured it's better to do it in two stages rather than use a limited budget and buy averageish speakers/crappy sub in one go.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK sedan
    you will be taking your wheels of and replacing them with another set.
    not being a smart ass... but is that what vtec feels like? turning the aircon off?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    Quote Originally Posted by JaCe
    I was thinking Rims but I already have Alloy Wheels... not quite sure on the relationship between Rims and Alloy Wheels; but will they just 'go on top' of them?

GAGAGAGHAHAHAHAH aHHAHAH AHAHhahahaha hAHAHahHAhahaHah ahAHha haha ha ahhah AHhaha

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    I really don't understand this alloy wheel/rims thing... I am a n00b to technical things :P

Maybe I should just get a set of spinners for my car... can't get any more ricey Out of interest, are those things expensive/hard to install?
    Last edited by JaCe; 21-05-2006 at 07:33 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK sedan
    umm its not technical.

its taking a wheel off and putting another one on :S

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Dump the car a bit, get some bigger rims - 17's would look good. You will need to wait months for Altezza rear lights to be available. lol I would give spinners a miss.

As for the stock stereo, get an iPod and an IceLink Plus (u can control the ipod via the steering/HU buttons) to attach it to the stock head unit, and get an amp that accepts normal speaker inputs from the rear speakers and run a Sub and decent 6x9's. Im using an Audison SRx3 and it sounds great.

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW001
    I ask the question WHY!?

Don't waste the car.
    arrowz
    blz-arw001

OTO-KREW

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    ricing your car will instantly devalue it.

trade it in for a getz and wreck that

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    Quote Originally Posted by egSi
    ricing your car will instantly devalue it.

trade it in for a getz and wreck that

right on