Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    What an eventful race.
    Monaco always puts a suprise on the podium, but Red Bull Racing was a massive spannerin the works!

Webber, Kimi and Michael were fast, but as Alonso said in the press conference he was able to control the race, he had a new engine which has to last next week aswell so why not run it at say 89%?

I wish Michael started at the front, to see him Webber, Kimi and Alonso at it would of been fantastic.
    The blue flag incident with Webber was a joke, Fisichella should of been given a Drive thru for it.

I just thought, they introduced 1 steward to go to all the races for "consistency" but it hasn't been shown yet.

Great drive by Schumacher AGAIN, Button AGAIN proved he is just the great white hype, while Webber proved he owns Button.

Highlight was Webber's and Schumacher's drive, then seeing Kimi just relax on his 25 million dollar boat.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lawn mower
    ^^ Gotta love kimi. Schumacher has to be the greatest driver of all time. Alonso is just getting so cocky...i'd love to see Schumacher come back and snatch the title from him but seeing the consistency and reliability of the Renault car i don't know if this will happen.

Still can't believe so much problems for Kimi and Webber after so many years... I'm never ever going to get a Mclaren or a Merc I think...

In fact I'm tempted to buy a Renault now

Webber and Kimi should drive for Renault. Kick Fisichella away, he's not even that good (despite overtaking 3 cars). Schuey is a champ - pit to 5th and right behind Barrichello fighting for 4th.

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Integra VTiR
    Fisi, overtaking 3 cars at Monaco, nuff said.

He would have got the podium if he hadn't copped that 5 place penalty and then got stuck behind Barrichello....., probably would have got Coulthard too if there hadn't been the safety car, as it was he pulled caught coulthard by all but 10 seconds after the saftey car restart (so basically in 20 laps he pulled 1 minute on coulthard, thats an average of 3 seconds a lap).

not that good, he's not in Alonso or Schumey's league (Kimi isn't either i think!) but he is one of the best of the rest, if not THE best of the rest.

I can't imagine Webber having a shot at passing at Monaco, the only reason he does well here is that he has an excuse for not being able to pass cars, and other cars can't pass him.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    EF8: i call her EFFY
    webber can pass at monaco as proven by him last year.

Member Array
    Car:
    Long history
    hardly proven..

if i recall correctly.. webber was behind a renault.. and heidfeild was behind him..
    and for laps on end webber did nothing
    and then heidfeild overtook webber
    and then over took the renault

then webber tried a good few times to take over the renault at the exact same location heidfeild overtook it.. and eventually got it

no way i would say he is a good overtaker

you have to consider how heidfeld got in front of webber

his team brought him a lap earlier therefore he wasnt stuck behind and was able to push to get in front of webber

then he was following alonso around and considering last yr's tyre rules one race one set of tyres and the fact that alonso was only one stopping meant that alonso was super slow compared to williams

eventually of course they both would make a pass

webber didnt pass alonso earlier cause alonso's car at that point in time was slow but not so slow

why didnt heidfeld make a pass on webber? its a hard track to pass unless the car in front is struggling for grip

I think to pass at Monaco one has to be really brave..

Its funny how Alonso says he was surprised at the speed of Kimi.

Come on this is Kimi - the best driver in the whole line up no doubt, what did he expect? If Kimi had won 1 more race last year he wouldn't have bagged the championship.

Fact is, Kimi won more races then Alonso last year (in my mind he is WDC)

I think they won 7 each.... but thing is Kimi should have won at least 2 more where his car failed.

If I was Kimi though I'll be tempted to stay at McLaren, because when he drives next to Alonso he has a chance to show he is indeed the faster driver..

Anyway I was thinking of what Schuey did or have done in the past. In reality, Arton Senna was much more evil on the track than Schuey ever was.... especially when he was fighting with Prost during the McLaren/Honda days.

Why doesn't anyone talk about that, even when he's dead?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alain_Prost

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    EF8: i call her EFFY
    nothing was evil when it was towards alain prost

Prost was a really sensible person and driver. He was also very quick too.

According to him, because Senna was the main lead to Honda engines for McLaren, Senna was given the most support in the McLaren/Honda team despite Prost asking the team to sign Senna in. He said Senna's side was always bigger and had more pit lane staff, and his car was also faster - that is why sometimes he couldn't lap as fast as Senna. Also Honda Japan admits they gave Senna more support.

So these days Schuey being no.1 all the time is very similar situation I guess. Although the lap times between him and Massa isn't massively different.

Of course, back then the cars were easier to overtake and more dependable than drivers skills than current.