Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Integra VTiR
    Kimi has off days, regardless of the wins, whereas Alonso is quick day in day out, to me, THAT is the mark of a really great driver.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    EF8: i call her EFFY
    kimi has off days cause he has an off car

If Kimi has a reliable car (rather than a super fast one) I believe he will be the one who can take it to the limit.

I guess Alonso is very good. But then again, how many times has the Renaults failed this year? Only once... for Fisichella.

How many times did McLaren fail? Too many freaking times... especially last year...

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    EF8: i call her EFFY
    to put the matter to an end we will never know who is faster unless they are driving the same car

alsono might suffer adjustment problems like rubens did going from ferrari->honda... (might)

so if kimi sticks with mclaren he will have a slight edge as he knows how the car has been designned to opperate at full tilt...

anyway both are in the top 3 drivers no doubt...

i hope kimi sticks by mclaren and challenges the dirty spaniard...

Strong rumors suggest

Renault: H Kovalainen & K Räikkönen & M Webber (I think Webber will stay at Williams)

McLaren: F Alonso & L Hamilton

Ferrari: M Schumacher & F Massa

Toyota: Montoya & Ralf (again, just like BMW-Williams days)

Renault having Kimi number 1 driver and bringing in there test driver as a perminant driver.

My only concern is, if Anthony Davidson doesn't get a drive next year (being Honda, Red Bull etc) he won't ever race in F1 in his prime.

They were saying possibly McLaren = F Alonso + Hamilton AND De Pedrosa splitting drives (current test driver) for continuity within the team..

Don't know if its good though.

I think Webber should consider Renault.

Kovalainen and Hamilton - who do u think is better? Hard to say..

Its fair to say that Hamilton has the best GP2 car without doubt.
    Nelson Piquet Jnr is much better then Hamilton.

Quote Originally Posted by LUD02C
    Its fair to say that Hamilton has the best GP2 car without doubt.
    Nelson Piquet Jnr is much better then Hamilton.

Nevertheless, whereas Formula One teams create their own car and engine, all GP2 cars have identical Renault engines and Italian-made Dallara chassis.

GP2 also has strict cost limits. Rather than using a different engine every two races or more, as in Formula One, GP2 engines must last a season, doing 4,500 kilometers without overhaul. The engine department of the Renault Formula One team has 250 people, including 60 engineers, compared to 20 to 30 people making engines for the whole GP2 series.

The series was rushed together over the winter, and early in the season the cars suffered technical problems that made the races look almost as bizarre as the U.S. Grand Prix, with cars failing to get off the grid or finish practice sessions. But at the German Grand Prix in May - before Formula One's North American tour and GP2's one-month break - the competition was fierce and exciting, as the identical engines and chassis showcase driver talent. "

Hamilton was the 2005 Euro F3 Champion, Piquet was a 2004 British F3 Champion.

And Piquet has been in GP2 since 2005 (1 win, 4 podiums), Hamilton is in his debut season in GP2!

ART (Hamilton's team) might have a slightly better car, but the difference is nowhere near those in F1, since they all have the same Renault engine and the same Chassis.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CRX 89

a little bit late

I know this is a little after the event, but I just got back from europe. Here is a pick I took. I was sitting just after the last corner on the main straight.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	monaco.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	144.3 KB 
ID:	2043  

Slider, what was it like?
    Chances are I'll be there next year for it, maybe Spa (were not sure which one yet)