Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jaycar Amps

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    I don't know actually! I assumed that they would... because what kindof car audio shop can they be if they don't let people sample their products? Esp when they are like.. the only distributor right?

... and yeh they look kindof ugly- but then it could be worse.

Member Array
    Car:
    Rang Mobile
    there not just car audio hey
    there like all electronic goods..
    its like dick smiths but like more geeker...

Member Array
    Car:
    cb3 Accord
    They have all of their car audio stuff set up for testing. I have one of their 4 channel amps and 6.5" splits. Just like most of my car audio set up I got them second hand and I am very pleased with how they are going for the amount I paid.

Member Array
    Car:
    Rang Mobile
    looks like i have 2 make my way down there...
    ebay is selling the jaycar monoz like 100 buckz cheaper n thats inc postage...
    just letting people know.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Isn't Jaycar like a chain store? I mean.. they're not as common as JB Hifi or Strathfield, but there's still a store not too far from where most ppl live I'd imagine.

Don't forget to check out the Strat/JB offerings before you commit to anything

Member Array
    Car:
    Rang Mobile
    yer but jaycar is only sold at jaycar...

ebay is the way for car audio man
    u save an arm n a leg..

I would rather go to Jaycar than go to Jb and Stratty.
    Jaycar are very good with their customers, if your amp dies they give u another brand new amp, no need to fix or waste your time etc.

Jaycar is a good company which sells all your electronic needs.

the new 05-06 models are nice looking, nothing flash but are plain and simple.

But EBAY, u have the risk of not getting good warranty, and repairs and service. of course there are some which say you get 1 year warranty, but still u don't have that reassurance...Cause its ebay.

Firstly, it depends on what your budget is, if u have a large budget, get another brand, if u have a budget of 300-400 then get a jaycar amp.
    This is for a monoblock, assuming you want a mono for ur subs...

The jaycar amp, is what i said nothing good nothing bad, just do the job with reliability.

Just matters about your budget

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Another MAJOR concern with ebay is fake gear, they'll look almost identical to genuine products until you take a closer look (which by the time you can closely inspect it, you would've already spent your $$$).

From what I've read about jaycar amps is that they're great value for money. I actually considered getting a Jaycar monoblock to use temporarily until i could save up enough for a good monoblock (Digital Designs SS1 ). Then i really thought about and decided it wasn't worth getting a amp, then selling it off to buy another one since i'd just be losing money. Much better off to purchase the good gear first. That being said if you're not interested in what your amp looks like or chasing extreme performance then a jaycar might be just right for you. I havn't personally heard any Jaycar car audio gear, but from what i've read if you on a budget then Jaycar amps are bang for your buck.

Personally i'd save up more for a better amp because you do get what you pay for. I've got a DD C4 amp and it just pumps, I stood outside my car and turned up the volume (deck has a remote) and it wasn't phased. Sub sounded good and amp didn't clip, it actually sounded really good bar my front speakers (lol). The C4 isn't a monoblock, it's actually a 4 channel amp but what surprised me was how well it performed at loud volumes powering speakers as well as a sub. I'm learning more about car audio, higher end gear and so far I think it's definitely worth it to save up and get the good gear.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    I'm also scared of Ebay for various reasons (incl. those outlined above). I wanted to import stuff very cheap from my cousins overseas; but the cost of fixing any problems/issues because it's a foreign distributor/parallel imported makes it a very risky investment. To me, since my car was new and I wanted to have the best warranty service should something go wrong- I minimised number of shops I do business with; in this case, I bought my gear (probably a bit overpriced) from Lifestyle, and they did the install- they offer lifetime warranty and since they also provided the speakers; should anything go wrong, I just bring it back to them. If I had imported the gear, then if something went wrong- they might blame it on the place I got the gear from and then I'd have to prove that the components were good to begin with- something which I think is rather difficult. That's just my overcautious 2 cents.

AND also, some installers won't even touch ebay products, because what if something fcuks up, and then ull blame them for screwing up your amp, but really it was already a dodgy product to begin with .. etc

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    doesnt jay car haf DIY amps...

wait till the revised DDM1 comes out; DDM1a. 1300wrms of pure blessing. i heard they'll be retailing for $599 as well.
    do you have the 06 type-s's? from teh specs they look like 05 type-r's. they'll handle 1300wrms =]

and as for jaycar its not bad at all. it does the job.

Stay away from ebay unless if you know what you're doing. I've heard stories about fakes, people selling short circuited amps. etc. Sometimes paying that little extra for piece of mind is worth doing.
    Last edited by tranhq; 26-05-2006 at 01:11 PM.