Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Jaycar Amps

Cool, still high numbers.

Did u test the 800wmrs with 1xdd2512? got numbers?

Also what car are u using, i assume the civic?

I didnt get to test the 800wrms with the one dd2512 due to craving for more power. I had the 800wrms amp for around a week before i updated to the 1500wrms lol...

Its jut like modifying a car once the bug bites its hard to stop.

Sony used to make top notch equipment like 7 years back, before they started the xplode stuffs... The C90 HU is still one of the best HU in the market with its processors, and the amps are very good.

Pionneer, only thing is good is the P9 or P90 HU. The other range of hu like the 9 or 8 series are good too, but then I prefer Alpine over them. Amps and speakers are so so only.

Well, when you say you heard good sound from Pioneer, JL or whatever brand in the market, remember this rule, 80% comes from the installation and 20% from the equipment. Some even say 90% installation & 10% equipment.

I used to have a basic setup of Sony cassette HU + Audio Control Overdrive, Orion Xover, RF amps and Audio Boss speakers..... its a lot nicer then lots of system double or tripple the price, but now all those also upgraded already.

Quote Originally Posted by integraz
    Yes, the pioneer sub has held the world record, but it was its big brother ***SPL series, not the 306c series.

Also Jaycar has held the Australian record, for a lil bit lol, with those double magnet ones.

Pioneer 306c- good for bass, hits hard, and can handle a fair bit of power.
    Acctually I dont bother with SPL records, the more money you have, the higher the SPL you can get.

But then it doesnt have to sound good, only loud.

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    Quote Originally Posted by integraz
    Yes, the pioneer sub has held the world record, but it was its big brother ***SPL series, not the 306c series.
    hehe i knew that! i never mentioned anything about a 306c being the pioneer sub that held that spl record u fool

Also Jaycar has held the Australian record, for a lil bit lol, with those double magnet ones.
    serz? soon we'll b seeing ppl win SQ & SPL comps with boss, rockwood, jensen & that kinda gear

Pioneer 306c- good for bass, hits hard, and can handle a fair bit of power.
    yup, its a pretty BFYB sub that can play fairly low subbass loudly compared to other entry level subs. by reports, it sounds like pioneer underated the 306c's rms (400). many people feed their 306c more than the rated power (tho im not sure how much is too much power for the 306c) and they say it still runs fine after a long period of time.

Also is the box ported? If not, pioneer 306c in sealed, sound super crap.
    i hear alot of "the 306c goes lower & louder in a ported box". i can vouch for that, its true.
    dunno bout it sounding "super crap" in a sealed box tho - given a decent box, itll sound decent enuff to the average ear. tho i guess it depends on ppls tastes & how picky their 'golden ears' are to judge how the 306c sounds..

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    306c can really punch
    giv it some more juice it will be fine..

good value for money as arveson sed, it sure is. i went cheap on the sub ehe