Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Quote Originally Posted by redliner
    Prelude should be using min. 95octane or u are gonna fark up ur engine sooner or later

Can someone confirm this?

and does anyone else know y BP petrol are better then Shell???

im curios now..and plus i want to use the 4cents off petrol from shell.(save every cent i can).

Member Array
    Car:
    98 VTi-R Prelude
    yeah, when u open ur tank, what does it say on the cap, "use premium petrol only" or something like that. personally i would not even think twice about using premium or not.
    bp ultimate is better than shell but it doesnt quite get as many kms to a tank. y? i dont know

my dad has a pegout 206....he gets more per tank from using bp ultimate or vortex 98......gets crappy milage on shell

on my car on the other hand, i get abt the same milage with bp ultimate, vortex 98 and optimax....but i get a better response with bp ultimate or vortex 98....mainly use bp though

Member Array
    Car:
    Subaru Liberty
    Quote Originally Posted by Arowana
    Can someone confirm this?

and does anyone else know y BP petrol are better then Shell???

im curios now..and plus i want to use the 4cents off petrol from shell.(save every cent i can).
    Prelude Si and VTiR requires 95 octane
    whereas S use 91 octane

i personally use Shell (optimax) and find it much better then others
    but BP fell much better

the reason is the way that each company filter and mix their petrol
    for example some company (not name any) water the pertrol down(not really add water but u know what i mean) so that it surpose to clean the engine while you drive, which in turn provide less petrol to burn but burn alot quicker

PS dont qoute me on it...only heard it from a friend whom said he read about it

Member Array
    Car:
    civic coupe
    so if i go to hanny's and let him tune my 99 prelude, would i get better kms out of a full tank, i'm getting 400-450kms

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1994 Prelude VTiR
    Quote Originally Posted by LUD35
    im getting about 400k's out of a 40 litre tank, sometimes a little less...
    this sounds close. i have a stock manual 1994 h22a and get 500k's off 50L's (never let the tank run dry), its the same fuel efficiency as my parents manual '97 subaru liberty. and.....i vtec quite often.

imo if ur efficiency for a manual h22a is below 10L/100km theres something not quite right.
    MADDZ

Member Array
    Car:
    civic coupe
    so ur telling me that if i get over 500kms dats means my car is normal

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000, RIP Prelude Vtir
    if you are getting 450kms it is alright, assuming that you have not fully drained the tank meaning driving after the light is on. Dont forget there is a reserve in the tank which is about 10L when the light is on.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    4th Gen Prelude
    I have a '95 jap spec v-tec and I get 600klms to everytank..... There was one tank when I got 750klmn believe it or not...this was on a road trip and a lot of highway driving.... I am extremely happy with the economy of my little 2.2ltr and trust me I don't drive like a grandma all day everyday if you know what I mean....

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000, RIP Prelude Vtir
    mine makes it from melb back to adelaide on a full tank, but 450 in city driving so you cant really compare city to high way.

Member Array
    Car:
    civic coupe
    would a fuel filter and spark plugs and leads make u have more kms on ur clock or is it just bull shit. anyone would no?