Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CTR

Quote Originally Posted by Civic Type R
    My Civic is not a genuine EK9 Civic Type R and im probably the only one with type R everything who will admit to that. Ive tried for years to import the real thing but you get nowhere and no one wants to help. So i stripped my EK4 VTiR and completely rebuilt it with genuine EK9 parts. IMO i have a better car than the EK9 because of my sunroof, aircon and some other little modcons the type R dont get.
    depends how you look at it........... sunroof + 35- 50kg

BTW did you change the subframe components? ie. Type R has stiffeing of the suspension (OEM tiebar ) from factory.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Civic EG5 with JDM B16
    My Civic is not a genuine EK9 Civic Type R and im probably the only one with type R everything who will admit to that. Ive tried for years to import the real thing but you get nowhere and no one wants to help. So i stripped my EK4 VTiR and completely rebuilt it with genuine EK9 parts. IMO i have a better car than the EK9 because of my sunroof, aircon and some other little modcons the type R dont get.
    type R everything ??

so do you have a B16B ?

you have all braces ? front lower, rear upper and lower, welded chassis braces ?

5-lug conversion with Brembo brakes ?

dont go overboard with the claims bro.. you're still rollin an EK4 performance wise.

hahaha you know I'm just baggin you Adam... we're talkin about EP3 type R here

:roll:

I was equipped by Mugen Array
    Car:
    Lexus Soarer V8 GTLimited
    i now the differences but in a sensible realistic world, would you rerivett the chasis of an EK4 just so u can have the same amount as the EK9 ?

My suspension has been stiffened and lowered with Lovell springs and i have a 00ITR transmission with LSD.

Honda resource for enthusiasts with all the latest news from Honda, downloads, media, photo albums, technical information and lots more!

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 DC5
    Adam your EK is still 200% different from a genuine Type-R.

Car:
    Quote Originally Posted by VTEChnique
    type R everything ??
    so do you have a B16B ?
    you have all braces ? front lower, rear upper and lower, welded chassis braces ?
    5-lug conversion with Brembo brakes ?
    dont go overboard with the claims bro.. you're still rollin an EK4 performance wise.
    hahaha you know I'm just baggin you Adam... we're talkin about EP3 type R here :roll:
    Bede dont try to make me look like a dick when YOU came over and helped out with stripping and rebuilding my interior
    Im not going overboard with my claims, and the EK9 doesnt have Brembo brakes. And yes the EK4 has the same braces - only smaller
    Yes i still have a B16A but have an upgraded intake / 4-1 racing header and exhaust superior to the EK9 so is still EK4 performance wise ?

Honda resource for enthusiasts with all the latest news from Honda, downloads, media, photo albums, technical information and lots more!

Member Array
    Car:
    SHUT-DOWN !!!

( hahaha sorry couldnt resist - personal joke )

Car:
    Quote Originally Posted by Marz
    Adam your EK is still 200% different from a genuine Type-R.
    Atleast i have a Honda Marz ... with VTEC

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 DC5
    Yes Adam, and I had a GENUINE (READ GENUINE) ITR - which you NEVER got to drive, unlike IGS, OMAR, and BEDE.

Have fun with your ricer! LoL.

Bede - you were right about Adam! LoL!

Member Array
    Car:
    Bede dont try to make me look like a dick when YOU came over and helped out with stripping and rebuilding my interior
    Im not going overboard with my claims, and the EK9 doesnt have Brembo brakes. And yes the EK4 has the same braces - only smaller
    Yes i still have a B16A but have an upgraded intake / 4-1 racing header and exhaust superior to the EK9 so is still EK4 performance wise ?
    Adam YOU are making yourself look like a dick with your bogus claims - I am trying to stop you making yourself look like a dick.

haha yeah that's right I helped you to install your type R interior. .and it looks mint IMO.. but my problem is with your claims that EVERYTHING is civic type R spec.. everything includes the engine etc.

your ONLY type-R PERFORMANCE upgrade is the ITR gearbox.
    Red valve cover does not count as a performance upgrade.

Brakes same but smaller ? then they are NOT the same.. size is everything when it comes to brakes !!!!

and with the welded sub-frame braces - you dont have them.. you dont even know what we are talking about I dont think.. they are under the bumper assembly - in front of the radiator support / crossmember. it is welded in. There is also one at the rear under the rear bumper. the EK9 also has upper and lower strut-TOWER braces.. you have an EK4 front strut TOWER brace and that's all. Stabilizer bar is NOT a Tie-bar.

you have created a Civic Type R REPLICA - not a conversion as 'conversion' suggests a performace modification...

now we are not dissing your car and the time and money you have invested into your car - just the way you keep going on about it as a type R.

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 DC5
    SHUT DOWN!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic VTi-R Hatch
    ^^^ what they said!

Car:
    Quote Originally Posted by Marz
    Yes Adam, and I had a GENUINE (READ GENUINE) ITR - which you NEVER got to drive, unlike IGS, OMAR, and BEDE.

Have fun with your ricer! LoL.

Bede - you were right about Adam! LoL!
    never got to drive ... umm yes i did :roll:

Marz stop talking complete bullshit. You owned an ITR yes, but you know nothing about them and certainly know nothing about the differences between a genuine EK9 and an EK4. Instead you sit there making rash comments like 200% different and "shutdown"
    What do YOU actually know ?
    If you dont know anything then STFU ! OZHonda doesnt want to hear your negative criticism because you sold your Honda for an inferior Nissan.

Adam YOU are making yourself look like a dick with your bogus claims - I am trying to stop you making yourself look like a dick.

haha yeah that's right I helped you to install your type R interior. .and it looks mint IMO.. but my problem is with your claims that EVERYTHING is civic type R spec.. everything includes the engine etc.

your ONLY type-R PERFORMANCE upgrade is the ITR gearbox.
    Red valve cover does not count as a performance upgrade.

Brakes same but smaller ? then they are NOT the same.. size is everything when it comes to brakes !!!!

and with the welded sub-frame braces - you dont have them.. you dont even know what we are talking about I dont think.. they are under the bumper assembly - in front of the radiator support / crossmember. it is welded in. There is also one at the rear under the rear bumper. the EK9 also has upper and lower strut-TOWER braces.. you have an EK4 front strut TOWER brace and that's all. Stabilizer bar is NOT a Tie-bar.

you have created a Civic Type R REPLICA - not a conversion as 'conversion' suggests a performace modification...

now we are not dissing your car and the time and money you have invested into your car - just the way you keep going on about it as a type R.
    Bogus claims. WTF !!!
    i clearly said what my car is and spelled out in plain english you knob that its not a genuine R but a built up EK4.

Did i say a red valve cover increases performance ? Ur the one making BOGUS claims bro .. not me.

I didnt say the brakes were smaller - i CLEARLY referred to the BRACES !!!! cant you read ? Prove me wrong But as you mentioned the brakes, what are the differences between the EK9 and EK4 brakes?

Im not going on about it as being a Type R and never have. Coming from someone who has a bone stock EG6. Id back off your high horse with what your saying because its not your car.