Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic EG3
    Hey guys, just wondering, with the whole engine swap thing, wat if you get a b16a1or2 then added internals to the engine, how much would it cost to rebuild the engine during a transplant to make it up to 200hp or more keepin it na

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5 Type R
    ek vtir comes wit b16a, so he can always put one in out of that.. the age thing wont matter then. obviously wit just about ANYTHING u do to ur car theres the possibilty of having probs. provided u do it right and get someone who knows wat they're doing it will limit the chances of something going wrong by a lot and wit a b16 transplant u shouldnt hav a prob. i'd say dont even worry bout doin sohc vtec, not worth even spending ur money if u can go dohc vtec cos they'll both be converted pretty easily. just remember also to do things like change clutch etc. if u want while the engine is out cos its a lot cheaper to do it then! not essential buit as good idea.

bboy_gadget - hard to estimate a price on something like that, depends wat products u use, where u get it done, who u buy ur products off. u'll need to replace cams, ecu, valve springs, exhaust, intake, clutch, bla, bla, the list goes on....

nic
    dc5r in the works....

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic EG3
    Ok, in regards to the sohc and dohc vtec, does the b16a1 and 2 both have dohc?

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    ^yes la!!
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Member Array
    Car:
    RD7
    it'll be illegal to put in a b16a1..
    Quote Originally Posted by ChargeR
    Ozhonda mods don't sleep, they wait.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic EG3
    if they both have dohc then, i'm having trouble deciding something, i've found that the gen 1 has 160 hp and the gen 2 has 175 hp, the gen 2 is 2K and the gen one is 1K, conversion i've been quoted is 2K, will that 15hp make much of a difference? If i did some head and cam work would i just bring the gen 1 up a lil higher than a gen 2 ne way??

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic EG3
    its only illegal if the egine is older than the car, i've got a 91 civic EG, wat year did the gen 1 last get produced?

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    dont know the years 100%, but basically you cant have an engine thats older than the chasis of the car.
    you cant get that complied.
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic EG3
    The gen1 i heard comes out of some 89 to 91 car.. maybe I'll have to take it up with qld transport, theres like one guy u can talk 2 over the stage about modifications lol thanks man!!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5 Type R
    gen 2 b16a has higher compression as well as a slightly differnt tuned ecu (i think) which both contribute to it producing more power... and its newer. but thats only jdm b16a2, b16a2 from aus-spec are the same power as b16a1 im pretty sure

nic
    dc5r in the works....

Quote Originally Posted by EGB18CT
    danlee put it this way, ive lost count soo far! ever since i purchased the half cut from overseas ive been constantly buying parts even tho i got a very low $$$ atm! its been like a drug, u get addicted to it especially if you come cross good offers. the half cut landed off a integra sirg (vtir spec) cost about 5000-6000au landed about there... great condition tho like new. plus all the other parts and servicing and modifications the list goes on, better to do it properly then have lots of hassels later on and wish u had of done this while the engine was out etc......

anyway im exciteds cos the installation starts TODAY! whooo!

anyway move along with the thread!!
    awesome!

make sure u document the whole swap process with lots of photo's. i know there's writeups already, but the more the merrier!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic EG3
    How can I tell the difference between a jdm and ozspec engine?? Incase the supplier is dodgy? Wats more popular these days wid EG's,b61,r or b18C?