Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries

Changes to Ozhonda - For the better

Hi all,

It's been awhile in the doing but that is all my fault as I have been very busy. Anyway in light of the recent issues we are almost done in terms of trying to change things around here.

So here is a list of steps that we have taken.

1. Moderator guidelines are now posted publicly so everyone can see what our decissions are based on. This is only for reference and if you feel that the guidelines weren't followed when it came to you.....then make a new thread.

2. Ban guidelines - I will be updating the thread in #1 once we finalise this. The mods and I are still sorting things out but it will outline roughly how long a person gets banned for depending on what they do wrong.

3. Appealing bans - We will create a system where a user who is banned can appeal their ban. Things aren't finalised yet but to avoid abuse of the system there is the risk that your ban can be increased

4. What/Where to buy forum - This should be up fairly soon, but users can post threads asking What products bot buy and where to buy them from. Note that this will NOT be a place to talk about how good/bad a business is.

I think that is most of it for now but if there are any other concerns then post back here please.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Accord Vti-S
    Good too see some changes being brought about, hopefully they are for the better.

Calvo

3. Appealing bans
    I wouldn't bother with this. You'd have to be a complete dick to get banned.

Do you really want to deal with every nubs objections?

*thumbs up* good stuff Wyn...

Objections though... maybe fair but tiring...
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

good to see OH making some changes due to the past incident...good stuff...

.. i think its great that ur making changes, i think the whole hacking thing ended up being a positive to for the whole community..

suggestion, i want the mods to the individual car forums to be a bit more strict on hating.. we all drive hondas and no one car is better then the other example of hating and dissing is in the jazz forum with thread titled "jazz performance" i personally dont appriciate other honda drivers dissing out my car in general... my 2c

but anyways great work wyn! tough juggling life outside OH and maintaining this forum too!
    I haven't driven a Honda in years. :/ Does my honda lawn mower and whipper snipper count?

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    Quote Originally Posted by sassy_fit_vtit
    but anyways great work wyn! tough juggling life outside OH and maintaining this forum too!
    if everyone understood and appreciated this fact, alot of bickering can be avoided!
    good work wyn!
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Array
    Car:
    Disco Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Q_ball
    if everyone understood and appreciated this fact, alot of bickering can be avoided!
    good work wyn!
    *nods nods*
    Fast and furious? I drive slow and luxurious...

Member Array
    Car:
    83,83 & 84 gen1s & 91 CRX
    hey Wyn - is there any information about posting so called 'commercial' posts - advertising someones product or business which could benefit the rest of the community?

Member Array
    Car:
    going merry
    Yea the what/where to buy forum is a good idea! Just make a note that if someone decide to follow the advice from those threads, get rawted, then come back and blame ozhonda give them a quick ban ehehh. Teach people not to be stupid and always use common sense when following others advice.

Advertising business/products which benefits the community is also good. This site should be more focusing on things which benefits the community, rather than benefitting the owners. Thats where the trader section comes in. Also, more happy users = more paying members.

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    what exactly benefts the 'owners' zorrt?
    can you give even one valid answer?
    and don't gimme that 'mod discount offer' BS coz that is a decision ONE trader made and has nothing to do with the actual mod/admin themselves (it has since been removed anyway)
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda
    Nice proposals wynode. Expecting for those changes.