Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Honda Australia builds business case for a UK-sourced three-door Civic Type-R

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mell...25717F00072846

"150kW 2.0-litre i-VTEC four-cylinder, high-performance brakes, big alloy wheels and none-to-subtle body adornments"

I like the sound of this!!!! Hope it all works out.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Eurolux SatNav
    hope it will come eventually... but i guess even they sucessfully get them here... it would like the evo 6.5 which was like 79,990 brand new comparing to the evo 8 that is 56,789....
    but it wil give the XR5 a good run i reckon

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    EF8: i call her EFFY
    if they manage to be able to build them out of thailand they will be on free trade that would bring them in at around 35k-40k

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    ^ won't be 40k, i think 30-35k is more realistic.

something like 31-32 + on road costs and accesories is my guess
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    I think the coolness look of the UK model has worn off a bit... it was a big shock at first; but now I'm used to it. That being said, if I had the money later on, I'd probably consider it because I really love the Civic; and the Euro Hatch is still hot!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I think Thailand is only fitted to build the 06 sedan Civics. I don't think they have the tooling set up for the UK civic. Also, they would have to start a new supply line of 150kW K20A/Z engines to Thailand.

I do hope it lands for 31-32k. It shouldn't pinch into Civic Sport sales because the Type R would be manual only.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    for the sake of brand differentiation, I'd call it the CRX and sell it here in replacement of the Integra...

Quote Originally Posted by panda[cRx]
    ^ won't be 40k, i think 30-35k is more realistic.

something like 31-32 + on road costs and accesories is my guess
    if you re-read the article, you will see that the author was suggesting that price range for a standard 3-door civic built in thailand. The civic type-R would never be that cheap over here, as it costs 20,000 quid in the uk.

I would guestimate a price of 45k-50k for UK built civic type-r here in aust
    i need vtak!!

recovering.... Array
    Car:
    Nicole
    either way i would still love to see them on the road in aust

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    97 EK1
    Honda believes it would have to sell around 500 hatches a month to make a viable business case
    Does that mean they'd have to sell 500 Type-R's here a month to make it viable?
    That sounds very optimistic to me.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by genesis
    if you re-read the article, you will see that the author was suggesting that price range for a standard 3-door civic built in thailand. The civic type-R would never be that cheap over here, as it costs 20,000 quid in the uk.

I would guestimate a price of 45k-50k for UK built civic type-r here in aust
    Don't confuse RRP with cost price.The Civic Sport Auto is $31,990 so 10% above that would be $35,200-ish before on-roads.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

hope it lands even cheaper <30k