Member Array
    Car:
    EG8/EG4

i need help engine leaking "NEW PROB"

AARRGGHHHH!!!! guys i need help, i was driving on this SSHHYYTTTT road around my place that was getting fixed and i think i must of bumped or did some shyt that PUKD my car . The car just started over heating, the needle gauge just started climbing i thought it was nothing but after another check it was at the 3/4 point i thought it was cause i had a leak in my radiator or didnt have any fluid/water or what eva anyone else puts in there but when i check after a lil cool down it was still full radiator was normal no leaks.
    But there was some greasey oily leakege near where the timing belts where im a noob when it comes to engine parts so i dont know exactly what the parts are i think its near the oil pump ot the oil pump ?? when u look under the car "civc EG" where the timing belts are its like a tin gasket container thingy the leak is near the lower 1/4 portion of the image can any one tell me how whats the prob how to fix ?? thnx guys

regards, Jace
    Last edited by all_motor_baby; 01-06-2006 at 12:19 PM.

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    Ludes
    Could be a crank seal, might as well change the water pump and timing belt while you are at it.

Just show it to Rob at Hanny's, he will know your problem straight away and his prices are good and quality A+.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    yea sounds like your water pump is gone ... OR one of the pulleys around it are died ... better get it fixed ASAP .

happened to me last time ... was on a freeway ...then clanky clank ..THEN bonk... and smoke !!! hahaha ... scared the shit outta me ...and i was going 100 too haha ...

better tow it...unless the mechanic is real close

Member Array
    Car:
    EG8/EG4
    yeah that could be the problem, and i also have a new prob i think this could be the main overheating issue, the fan on the radiator isnt actualy spinning its not doing its jobs i dont know why, a mechanic said it could be the sensors or an electrical issue somthing like that cause it just isnt spinning/cooling while the motor is on even when i rev it it still doesnt spin but when i just leave it there and let it idle and you guys know when the car makes that sound and the motor shakes likes its cooling somthing then the radiator fan spins but after 1min it stops and then when the thing happens again it spins again sorry guys i dont know the correct terms hahah can anyone help??